Weather Jan & March

Started by Disney Matt, January 06, 2015, 07:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disney Matt

Hi all. Meant to be going back to Disney March 21st 2016 but seen that its even cheaper to go in the Feb.

Anyways enough of when i'm going. What is the weather like in those months?
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

littlebitofpixiedust

We have been around that time in march on several occasions and it's usually mild, I havnt visted February yet but will be this year and I've been told its cold. So we will go with layers waterproof boots ect it's alot cheaper jan-feb and quieter months to visit.
So I guess it's a question of weighing up pros/cons, have a magical trip!

Disney Matt

Thanks very much :)
Hope you can let me know about Feb weather once back... Enjoy  ;D
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: Mathierson24 on January 07, 2015, 10:59:47 AM

Yes i will try and remember to let you know :) I'm guessing cold. But hey less crowds is a huge bonus! And aslong as you wrap up its fine!

Disney Matt

Quote from: littlebitofpixiedust on January 07, 2015, 11:38:31 PM
Quote from: Mathierson24 on January 07, 2015, 10:59:47 AM

Yes i will try and remember to let you know :) I'm guessing cold. But hey less crowds is a huge bonus! And aslong as you wrap up its fine!

Thats my predicament. Better weather or quiter park!

littlebitofpixiedust

Hard decisions to be made! I'd personally go with feb it's only one month difference to march and with march it can vary weather wise it's been either lovely or windy cold and rainy lol so if you can save some money in feb that gives you more to spend in the parks or possibility of hel upgrade if it's a lot cheaper?

Rapunzelwannabe

I go next Sunday but got lots of hats/scarves/gloves and regular stops for hot drinks will make it bearable (and hopefully it'll be quieter and not too busy)
Disneyland Paris - January 2015
Disneyland Hong Kong - September 2007

ewormas

Hi

we've been in Feb a few times, once was so warm we wore t-shirts the whole time and had lovely blue skies in our photos, the other being 2014 when we got out of the train station and was pelted with hail and completely soaked to the skin before we hit the gates!  Granted the rest of the trip was mostly dry but not the best start we've ever had lol.
So i'd say just take a variety of clothes and hope for the best!

I'm guessing it wont be a huge deal but I read today that from 2/11/15 to 16/12/16 BTM will be closed as will Adventure Isle from 28/8/15 to 29/4/16.

Happy booking!

Disney Matt

I'd read about BTM but whats Adventure Isle?

stifle

The large area in the middle of Adventureland (you pass through or around it if going from Indiana Jones et le Temple du Peril to Pirates of the Caribbean) including the high and low bridges and various caves.

Disney Matt

Ohh, i didn't know that area had a name. Wonder what they'll be doing to it?

DisneyRon

Quote from: Mathierson24 on January 11, 2015, 08:18:52 PM
I'd read about BTM but whats Adventure Isle?

the "Island" that Hooks ship is docked at, the place with the giant skull rock and the Family Robinson Tree House

sarahmumof4

We did March 2011 - took lots of layers and didn't need them . We had jumpers and coats off everyday .

Feb 2013 was cold , last feb wasn't too bad and we didn't need to wear hats and gloves .

Both Feb and March were heaving though :(

First visit - Santa Fe , March 2011

Adagio , Feb 2013

Santa Fe , Feb 2014

Fourth visit - Sequoia Lodge , Golden Forest rooms  December 2015 🎄

Disney Matt

Oh! I've heard that Jan & Feb can be quiet. It would literally be the 1st Feb.
On looking up French school holidays I think I miss them by a week :)

Disneyholics

we have always gone in march and weathers lovely,tshirt weather. But this time where going in february only because it was cheaper and could afford to stay in the Disneyland Hotel ! will let you know what the weathers like,