Hollywood Studios name & theming change

Started by geno85, December 30, 2014, 11:31:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

geno85

Hi all,
I have been hearing rumours for a little while now that they may be changing the name of WDW Hollywood studios into something based more around movie adventures, has anybody else heard this??
If it is something that does materialise could it be something that also may happen at DLP? I think it could bring a fresh edge to the Studios if it does & let's face it the park has very little in it now that themes it to a working movie studio.
Thoughts please  :)

norhel

Quote from: geno85 on December 30, 2014, 11:31:56 AM
Hi all,
I have been hearing rumours for a little while now that they may be changing the name of WDW Hollywood studios into something based more around movie adventures, has anybody else heard this??
If it is something that does materialise could it be something that also may happen at DLP? I think it could bring a fresh edge to the Studios if it does & let's face it the park has very little in it now that themes it to a working movie studio.
Thoughts please  :)

I haven't heard anything about a name change, but I've seen and heard on other forums that a couple of attractions/things at DHS has or shall close/be removed. There are also speculations that that is due to change at DHS, but nobody know exactly yet.

DHS is small and as is only considered a half a day park, so I think that a change is welcome.
I also think that anything could happen at DLP, when they get their finance sorted, as WDS could also need something more.

Just my 2 cents.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

Discovery_Mountain

From what I've read on the internet (Rumours only) Disney's Hollywood Adventure seems to be the favourite. Then with plans to add Star Wars land, Cars Land.

But this is just rumours or what people have said they think on other forums.

I would like to see some original ideas, but these days Disney doesn't seem do them any ideas anymore.
My Disneyland Paris Trips:
1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000 (1 Day Trips)

March 2012, 2 days at Kyriad Hotel
June 2013, 2 days at Dream Castle Hotel
December 2013, 6 days at Sequoia Lodge
December 2014, 6 days at The Disneyland Hotel
December 2015 6 Days at Sequoia Lodge GF

Planned Holidays:
February 2016 - 3 days at Sequoia Lodge GF
November 2016 - Walt Disney World  (Maybe)

geno85

I am liking the direction DLP have taken DHS with the more recent additions like Crush's, Playland & Ratatouille & I'm hoping the Midway Mania rumours come true.

Thanks for that Matty I know we're only talking rumours but Cars Land would be phenomenal & Star Wars could be great depending on how the movies work out. As for the rumoured name I like it & it opens up the doors for many possible different themed attractions.

aquacat2

I find it a bit odd that they would consider removing attractions when the park is known for being a bit sparse, I would rather a freshen up or retheme of attractions so the park doesn't loose out. Strangley Studio's is my favourite park but I'm well aware it needs a new breath of life.

Cars land would be cool however something unique would be good.
Newport Bay Club- 2006
Ranch Davy Crockett - 2007
Hotel Santa Fe - 2015

DisneyGagaChick

geno85

I think the possible name change would be down to the fact that the park does not have the vibe of a working movie studio which was the original concept.

As for re-theming attractions that gets a big tick from me, Armageddon especially. I would also say the Backlot Tour but if we looking for a new land/ mini land we might 1 day kiss goodbye to it for that reason.

DisneyGagaChick

Quote from: geno85 on December 30, 2014, 10:44:15 PM
I think the possible name change would be down to the fact that the park does not have the vibe of a working movie studio which was the original concept.

As for re-theming attractions that gets a big tick from me, Armageddon especially. I would also say the Backlot Tour but if we looking for a new land/ mini land we might 1 day kiss goodbye to it for that reason.

I thought Armageddon was getting changed into a Narnia walk through attraction? ???

DisneyDonna

They just redid the WDS logo on the water tower, so I doubt they would change the name so soon after. I think they are going for a retheme rather than a completely new 'brand'

dejmurph1

I think we may getting confused here. Any talk of a name change applies to only DHS in WDS. I don't believe that they would wish to change the name of our Paris Park. In DHS they have closed the STT and the same should happen in Paris. As many have said it has become outdated and no longer relevant. I know everything costs money but you would think that a fresh of the props and sets would not cost that much relative to the capacity that the attraction can take daily.  I cant remember the last time I rode it bar an excuse to get out of the rain on a wet day.

geno85

I think they could quite easily freshen up the sets & turn the Reign of fire portion into something from the Marvel franchise for example but if they are looking to follow WDW & remove STT we could get something quite fantastic in that huge area. I know what I'd like to see

mumcalsop

Changes are happening at HS in Florida not Paris. Hat is being removed ( starts this week) and Great Movie Ride is being sponsored/ungraded etc . They are going to make a lot of changes over next few years but very little confirmed, even starwars land isn't officially announced. I wouldn't hold my breath though for anything apart from these 2 changes this year as focus is on Avatar land in AK first.