January - what to expect

Started by lindys87, December 26, 2014, 08:31:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lindys87

Hi,

I'm heading to DLP in the middle of next month with my family. We haven't been since October 2013 and I'm just wondering what to expect. It was busy enough last time but not hectic.

We head on the 12th. Has anyone gone at a similar time? Will there be less characters etc?
Also, does anybody know what to expect parade wise? Will the princess promenade or the frozen mini parade still be on?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance & hope you are all having a wonderfully magical Christmas!

July 2007 - DLP day trip
October 2013 - Sequoia Lodge

DLPWonders (Banned)

Princess Promenade and Frozen pre-parade won't be on.
That's part of the Christmas Season, which ends after January 7th.
Also all the Xmas decs will be gone by the time you arrive.

There probably won't be much characters, since it's the most quite time of the year.
There will be the princesses back at the Pavillion (however you can only meet one at the time and you never know which one).
Also there's Mickey at his Pavillion, Spiderman in Backlot and Buzz Lightyear at Toon Studio.
Apart from that maybe you'll get to see Pluto and Goofy roaming somewhere but that's pretty much it.
The daily Disney Magic On Parade will be back, and the regular Disney Dreams will be back.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

lindys87

July 2007 - DLP day trip

polar vixen

If it's any consolation,  having seen both I prefer the parade and dreams version that you'll be seeing in January,  the process parade was canny but always so having that it was very difficult to get a good view.

joanne.jenkin

We are also going in January the 12th to 16th. We have never been before so any advice would be great. We are staying at the sequia  lodge and full bored x

KentDisney

I'm going between then 11th and 13th of January and also staying in the Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest! I visit DLP regularly but I've never been in January, hopefully the queues will be pretty short.

I see that the EMH is for the Studios Park during the time I visit, will Crush's Coster be part of that?

Thanks

Kaggap

I was their end of jan last year and saw more charicters than what I did the previous may, so I don't think you can say for sure how many you will see probs just luck x

lindys87

I've my fingers crossed that we will get to meet the kids' favourite characters. I know last time the CMs that accompanied the characters were very helpful so hoping for that again. We have to track down Peter Pan this time.  :)

Has anyone been in the Studios for EMH before? It would be great to know what usually opens.

July 2007 - DLP day trip

PrincessKirsty

Everything is pretty much open I think except for RnR and ratatouille!