Drinking fountains during winter season / Tips for winter at Disneyland

Started by TVTaughtMeHowToFeel, November 07, 2014, 10:33:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uragano Tati

Last week quite a lot of drinking fountains weren't working. The one near Plaza Gardens and the one near the Ratatuille toilet were working for sure. We used some others but I can't remember which ones were working and which ones weren't.
April 1998: Sequoia Lodge
January 2003: Disneyland Hotel
May 2012: Santa Fe
September 2013: Cheyenne
November 2014: Cheyenne

sarahh83

both visits (Dec 2012 and Feb 2014) they werent working, but the water from the train station loads cheaper than in the park
First visit to DLP but stayed in Paris in 1993 just after DLP opened - aged 10!!

Cheyenne 13-17 Dec 2012 - amazing time for my sons 3rd birthday

Santa Fe 12-16 Feb 2014 - truly magical, Valentines meal overlooking the fireworks at the DLP hotel ... PERFECT!

Newport Bay 23-27 Dec 2015 - I only went and got engaged ON CHRISTMAS DAY IN DISNEYLAND ❤❤❤ 1st in the park on Boxing Day too ... amazeballs

gothprincess

They looked minging last week you couldn't have paid me to drink from them.

Cringer

We were there on the 6-8th of December and found all of the water fountains throughout the site to be turned off. There was no explanation given. We were a bit put out by it, having assumed they'd all be on as in the Summer, we brought water bottles to fill, so ended up spending a fortune on drinks during our first day.

DLPWonders (Banned)

It's quite logical that they're not working now.
It freezes all the time, it's almost officially Winter.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

DisneyDonna

Quote from: DLRPWonders on December 16, 2014, 11:56:11 AM
It's quite logical that they're not working now.
It freezes all the time, it's almost officially Winter.

Exactly. They'd have to have someone standing by at all time to thaw the fountains ;) Don't really think they needed to give an explanation for that...

Cringer

Or, you know, a sign?

Even the few indoor ones were turned off. It's pretty self explanatory once you get there, but when you're planning a trip in advance you assume "It's Disneyland - they'll have a solution to that problem". Plus, it wasn't anywhere close to freezing temperature last week - nor had it gotten close up to that point.

DisneyDonna

It's just a precaution. Imagine if those pipes were to burst. What a mess it would make. You can still fill them inside of the toilers, where you wash your hands? Or do they not provide drinking water?

jackieann

They were not working when I went in April nor last week.  Not sure if water in the tolietsnis drinking water I wouldn't drink from them.  But In saying that I don't remember seeing anything that says not drinking water.