Paying the balance to DLRP

Started by ewormas, December 14, 2014, 11:14:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ewormas

Hi all

So I payed the balance on our holiday earlier (disneylandparis.co.uk) and for the second year in a row they've requested the money twice. So I now have to wait till the 30th Dec before I have a hope of getting it put back in my account ( last year it took ages).

I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else? Or am I really THAT unlucky lol.

norhel

Quote from: ewormas on December 14, 2014, 11:14:49 PM
Hi all

So I payed the balance on our holiday earlier (disneylandparis.co.uk) and for the second year in a row they've requested the money twice. So I now have to wait till the 30th Dec before I have a hope of getting it put back in my account ( last year it took ages).

I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else? Or am I really THAT unlucky lol.

May I ask, is the second transaction just reserved, or has the money actually gone from your account? I know that sometimes the same amount of money may be reserved twice, but only one transaction are recorded on your account. It hasn't happen for me at DLP, but on rare occasions at other places. Sometimes I had to do something, other times I did not have to do anything.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

ewormas

Hi
The money is reserved from my balance so in effect its not there. I have to wait until the 30th to see if DLRP actually take the money twice, in theory if they don't it will go back on to my available balance. I'm thinking it may not go to plan due to Christmas but can only wait and see!

Last year it was 4-5 weeks before the money went back in. I don't know what would happen if its requested twice if you didn't have enough money in your account to cover both amounts. I imagine you may be charged as you would kind of be overdrawn!

I've never had it happen anywhere else,only DLRP. I'm glad I'm not the only one though!  Its enough to make you paranoid lol :D