Chez Remy not listed on meal plan info?

Started by Livvipivvi, December 14, 2014, 06:51:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Livvipivvi

Hiya all,

Has anyone been to Chez Remy recently and know if they are accepting meal plan vouchers please?

We are going to DLP in 5 days and have paid extra for the HB Plus I've booked inventions for 3 nights (paying the extra cost) and chez remy for the evening that we will be in the studios. Before making the reservations I saw that people had used their meal plan vouchers to pay for a set menu there, but I've just been looking on the DLP website and chez remy is not on the meal plan list!! I'm in full blown panic now, worrying that we won't be able to use our vouchers there!  :o

Has Disney blues after our first visit 25/05/14-29/05/14 (Hotel New York). Going back 19/12/14, flights and DLH booked! Yepppyyy!!!!

DisneyRon

Well, I can assuage the worries somewhat. ;)

On the Dutch version of the DLP site, which they finally got around to updating, Chez Remy is listed as serving a fixed menu on the Premium Meal Plan. So yes, your vouchers will be accepted there, however a Plus voucher won't cover the entire meal, so you will be paying the difference.

This is a fairly new situation I might add, as Chez Remy was included in the Plus Plan at least until last September.
But given the listings on this new information, that means that they're putting Chez Remy alongside the California Grill, in that those two restaurants are the only two fixed menus on the most expensive dining plan option.

That's quite a price-hike to be honest, and while I've heard a lot of good things about Chez Remy, I'm not entirely certain it's on the same level as the California Grill, which is stellar to put it mildly.

polar vixen

You can certainly always use your vouchers at cash value,  we just had standard so we paid the extra for the emI'll menu,  three courses and a drink,  it was the best meal we ate and the service was superb

Livvipivvi

Quote from: DisneyRon on December 14, 2014, 07:08:27 PM
Well, I can assuage the worries somewhat. ;)

On the Dutch version of the DLP site, which they finally got around to updating, Chez Remy is listed as serving a fixed menu on the Premium Meal Plan. So yes, your vouchers will be accepted there, however a Plus voucher won't cover the entire meal, so you will be paying the difference.

This is a fairly new situation I might add, as Chez Remy was included in the Plus Plan at least until last September.
But given the listings on this new information, that means that they're putting Chez Remy alongside the California Grill, in that those two restaurants are the only two fixed menus on the most expensive dining plan option.

That's quite a price-hike to be honest, and while I've heard a lot of good things about Chez Remy, I'm not entirely certain it's on the same level as the California Grill, which is stellar to put it mildly.

Ok, thank you Ron. I'm not sure what to do now. We are staying in the DLH, but booked when the free half board offer was not on. We only booked the HB Plus package 2 days ago, after spending weeks trying to decide if the premium would be worth it for us. I found some info saying that Chez is mid range, so thought the Plus vouchers would cover the cost. I'm betting that most places will be fully booked now too. Hmmmm!  :(

Has Disney blues after our first visit 25/05/14-29/05/14 (Hotel New York). Going back 19/12/14, flights and DLH booked! Yepppyyy!!!!

Livvipivvi

Quote from: polar vixen on December 14, 2014, 07:21:04 PM
You can certainly always use your vouchers at cash value,  we just had standard so we paid the extra for the emI'll menu,  three courses and a drink,  it was the best meal we ate and the service was superb

Oh fab vixen :). Thank you for replying. When did you go? Was the emille menu 40 euro then?

It sounds like they are making some changes to the restaurant. I really hope it's not until the new year.

ewormas

Hi

I have a copy of the new brochure somewhere lol,it definitely says Chez Remy is included on HB plus option   :)

I seem to remember it being on the page after the information about the meal plans

captain rocket

You should'nt worry about reservations, as long as you are flexible, you will be able to get into Chez Remy! I can't help with the vouchers as I paid cash when I ate there on Friday (booked the day before) but if I was given a choice on meal value I would take Inventions every time! The only problem with that is Chez Remy has an atmosphere like nowhere else in Disney! And you should try it once at least!
A tip, when you turn up for your reservation ask NOT to be sat at the back of the restaurant as we sat next to a glass window directly opposite the unloading area for the ride and had people rubber necking all the way through our meal! I have eaten here three times and the area I liked most was at the front of the restaurant overlooking the Place Remy, great area and fabulous view!
Enjoy your visit!

polar vixen

We were there two weeks ago, when it was 40 euros.  There was a 30 euro menu which I think was just 2 courses and no drink, but I'm not a 100%, and the extra 10 euros is definitely worth it.  We arrived on a sunday at 2 and were glad we had booked as we tried to get in earlier and there were no seats left at all for therest of the day.  We were the second to last sitting, which worked out really well as they gave us the left over desserts so we got 2 desserts each!  (and they were VERY yummy!)

stifle

I can confirm that I have personally used HB Plus vouchers at Bistrot Chez Rémy. They cover the €40 menu (three courses plus drink). There is a separate HB Premium menu as well.

DisneyRon

Quote from: stifle on December 14, 2014, 09:45:13 PM
I can confirm that I have personally used HB Plus vouchers at Bistrot Chez Rémy. They cover the €40 menu (three courses plus drink). There is a separate HB Premium menu as well.

Very good to hear, but very odd as to why this information isn't listed clearly anywhere.
They used to have such a nice overview for what was and wasn't covered by which plan... guess that still needs to be updated. The odd thing is Bistrot Chez Remy isn't shown when you search by meal plan voucher acceptance (Plus or Premium), that is what threw Livvi off to begin with I imagine.

Livvipivvi

Oh that's fab! Thank you all for replying and helping to put my mind at rest about this :). It's really strange that it's not listed anywhere isn't it.

I notice that the 40 euro menu does not appeal to all, as some have said that there's not a lot of choice, it's right up our street though, with something for all of our party, so I can't wait now! :)

polar vixen

my hubby wasn't fussed - he does not eat salad, but it was lovely, and the steak and fish, (my daughter had the fish) were the best we've ever had