Standard halfboard

Started by carribine, November 30, 2014, 11:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carribine

We are going on the 19th of Dec and have booked standard half board. The last time we did this 3 years ago we used the meal vouchers in the cowboy cook out. Is this still possible? Other than the 7 restaurants listed can you use them anywhere else like the cowboy cook out. Also can you use your meal voucher as part payment to a meal in a more expensive restaurant?

DisneyRon

As far as I'm aware the half-board vouchers will work just fine at all counter-service restaurants (that includes cowboy cookout BBQ), and you can also use them as partial payment for more expensive restaurants. :)

carribine

Cheers. Do you have any recommendations?  Also do we need to book in advance? The last time we went it was at a quiet time of the year so this was never an issue.

DisneyRon

Given that reservations are cheap (they're a few minutes' worth of phone-call away) I'd always make reservations for those restaurants you're absolutely sure you want to go to. :) Once you're in the park itself and your plans change you can just cancel them at City Hall (or their counterpart at the Studios). Also, you can't make reservations at Counter Service restaurants, there's usually no need.

As for recommendations, I personally really like Walt's good quality food in a really cool setting, L'Auberge de Cendrillon is fabulous if you have little princesses or just love Disney princesses yourself (although it's a rather pricey option keep that in mind), Blue Lagoon offers a little more exotic fare, but is quite heavy on the seafood, Inventions is a great buffet, and the characters at Dinner time are rather fun, For a more interactive/rowdy experience, try Buffalo Bills Dinner show, lots of fun and quite a filling meal for the price. :)

On the Counter Service front, I really like the food Hakuna Matata has on offer, their African chicken is just lovely.

I unfortunately missed visiting Chez Remy last September because of a small accident I had in the park, but I've heard a lot of good things about it, so that's probably worth a visit too.

Queen Elsa

Chez Remy was my favourite restaurant by far. We were lucky enough to get a reservation on our last day at lunchtime before we left. The menu is limited but the food was amazing! We also like Annette's diner, we ate there twice as the food was so good x

stifle

Half board standard is valid at any all you can eat buffet in the parks or Disney Village, and in the Chuck Wagon Café and La Cantina. The vouchers are also worth (from memory) €26 per adult or €13 per child at any other Disney operated restaurant. Change isn't given but at counter service restaurants there's nothing stopping you buying a couple of meals on one voucher.