Planning for a trip at Christmas

Started by LeonardoAcropolis, November 18, 2014, 10:59:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeonardoAcropolis

Good morning!

We are travelling to Disneyland Paris on 19th December, very very excited BUT omg it's going to be busy.  I called the helpline this morning to enquire about our travel, the clerk used the word 'heinous'!  ;D

So, had anyone else been at that time before? do you have any suggestions for managing the crowds? I have an idea that we should book our lunchtime restaurants in advance.

There is four adults, two children (6 and 3) and we are staying for four nights at the Hotel New York.  Our previous visits have always been during a quieter period in mid November.

Thank you!

bad-pink-tink

I was there last year December 23 to 27 and I would describe it as heaving  ;D

Most definitely book restaurants in advance, I would saw in the next few weeks. We ate in Blue Lagoon, the restaurant in Prates of the Caribbean on December 26 and our server told us that the restaurant was fully booked and that were not accepting walk ins 

Make the most of EMH, try to be there as close to 8am as you can. The wait for Buzz Lightyear at 7pm on December 24 was almost 2 hours, where as during EMH it was only 15 minutes. I saw on Twitter recently that the wait to meet Anna and Elsa at the Princess Pavilion was almost 3 hours!!

Do your shopping before 3pm and you can avail of the Disney shopping service. This means that you don't have to carry bags of shopping around with you. All you have to do is tell the cashier when you are paying. They will give you a form to fill in which gets attached to your shopping bag. It is then delivered to your hotel that evening. The cashier will tell you where and from what you can collect it.

See if you can get breakfast in the park if you little ones are ok with not eating first thing when they get up. This means that you can go straight to the park for EMH, then have breakfast around 9.30 usually in The Plaza.

EMH also means you can be in the park for rope drop at the lands which are not open for EMH.

Dreams is on quite late , last year it was 10pm, so it might be a good idea to take a break in the afternoon and go back to your hotel for a rest. The afternoons are very crowded.
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

tinian

Last year I was there 20-24 December, so the same time period, and this year I'll be there 19-23 December.
It wasn't heaving in my opinion, busy but not too busy. We got on a lot of rides, queues mostly between half hour and an hour. Weekend was more crowded then monday and tuesday, so I would wait till then to do things like crush and ratatouille.
Anna and Elsa might be a problem, those queues are insane!
EMH are key, we always plan a late breakfast and hit EMH first. We also take some time off in the afternoon, either go shopping or just go back to the hotel for a few hours, so we feel refreshed enough to go back in the evening.
Even if it is very busy, just take your time and enjoy the time spent with your family, I hope you have a wonderful stay.

AppleTreeBlossom

I'm also going on the 19th till the 22nd. Sadly we haven't got EMH as staying at a partner hotel (explorers), bit sad to miss out on the extra couple of hours but in all honesty, the likelyhood of us all getting ready and out of the hotel before 8 is pretty slim. I'm expecting it to be busy, but it'll be what it is, and we'll make the most of it!