How to get room-only cheap?

Started by fiyero, November 15, 2014, 02:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fiyero

I am going to Disneyland Paris January 20-24th 2015. Last year I booked Santa Fe through a thrid party (Travel Republic I think) for £160 and used my Annual Pass for entry. This time Disney hotels don't seem to be on any 3rd party sites room Only.
Disneyland website has it half board with tickets (special offer) for £339, I phoned and the price without tickets and B&B only is £264. That doesn't seem a great saving as I reckon the half board is worth at least £50.

Any ideas? there are off-site hotels (including partners) with cheaper deals but Cheyenne or Santa Fe have their benefitrs.

Zee79

Did you ask for your discount? Normally with an annual pass you get discount on rooms, we got 35% off when we last used our ticket.

polar vixen

I found the same thingwhen I was considering getting an AP, although the 35 % is good, and then you should consider you'll also get your discount in shops /restaurants etc, Disney were offering packages with 30% off  and free half board, so there was really very little difference, you were actually better off with the free half board!

stifle

I'm having the same issue. I'm planning a March trip; I looked at booking into an Ibis hotel at Val d'Europe but the price after accounting for park tickets (AP Fantasy) and free half board it was coming out with a negligible saving.

fiyero

I ended up booking they Kyriad for £167 B&B through Travelrepublic.

The discount was about 25% but you lose the free half board upgrade so it isn't really worth it (even moreso as there is free tickets with the higher priced one too!)