vea shuttle info

Started by Lucyloo, January 04, 2015, 12:21:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucyloo

Hi all.
we are visiting disney  end of march for 1st time - can't wait!
everything is pre booked to make life easier and we have tickets included for vea shuttle.   I know there are mixed reviews for this service but as it's already arranged please don't advise something different!
my questions therefore are:
How long is the typical journey between cdg and sequoia lodge
is the bus easy to find at the airport? (Flying air france)
for a 6.20pm flight home, what time should we be leaving the hotel?
any other tips/info would be greatly appreciated
thanks +

norhel

Quote from: Lucyloo on January 04, 2015, 12:21:43 PM
Hi all.
we are visiting disney  end of march for 1st time - can't wait!
everything is pre booked to make life easier and we have tickets included for vea shuttle.   I know there are mixed reviews for this service but as it's already arranged please don't advise something different!
my questions therefore are:
How long is the typical journey between cdg and sequoia lodge
is the bus easy to find at the airport? (Flying air france)
for a 6.20pm flight home, what time should we be leaving the hotel?
any other tips/info would be greatly appreciated
thanks +

Regarding travel time, it's about 1 hour and 5 min.
I don't know witch terminal Air France arrive at, but this is from the Vea site:
QuoteFrom Terminal 1 :
Follow Terminal 2 and CDGVAL then Terminal 2F, arrivals and take the corridor down to door 8.

From Terminal 2 :
2A : Follow Terminal 2C and then Terminal 2E, Arrivals, and take the corridor down to door 8.
2B/2D : Follow Terminal 2F, arrivals and take the corridor down to door 8.
2C : Follow arrivals level Terminal 2E; take the corridor down to door 8.
2G : Take the bus to Terminal 2F, go down to the arrivals level and take the corridor to door 8.
Terminals 2A/B/C/D : take the bus and alight at Terminal 2E, head to arrivals and take the corridor to door 8.

From Terminal 3 :
Follow Terminal 2 then CDGVAL and then Terminal 2F arrivals, take the corridor to door 8.

And on the same site it says the following regarding when to leave the hotel for the return flight:
QuoteNOTE : For your return journey, we recommend that you schedule your shuttle departure at least 2:30 before check in at Roissy CDG airport.
So for your 6.20 pm departure it should be no later than the 15.30 pm bus from SL.

I got that info from http://vea-shuttle.co.uk/timetables-prices/charles-de-gaulle-shuttle-schedules/

I have taken the bus on all three time I've been at DLP. It's a nice bus, but can be a bit crowded when you board the bus at CDG, but I never had a problem with the bus and I like the trip.

And have a great time!
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

michellemumof2xx

When we went last year, we travelled with flybe to charles de gaulle. II'm sure we went straight in to terminal 2which Is where the bus is. Air France, flybe and another company all work together so I'm sure you will arrive at 2 as its where they are all based. We found the journey to be roughly 1 hour, so it wasn't too long. The bus was outside the terminal, you collect your bags and walk towards the exit, you will see the signs for vea and  see the help desk and the bus will probably be outside. Our flight home was also 6:20pm, and because you have to check in 2 hours before and the journey was an hour, we got the bus at 2:10 for hotel New York, if we had waited for the next one (3.10 I think) and got stuck in traffic or were delayed,  we wouldn't of made it in time for check in-we had 3 children age 6 and under with us so wanted to be early. I think there will be a pick up at your hotel around 2.30 and 3:30pm, so add your one hour journey on from these times and see how much time that leaves you before check in shuts. Hope this helps  :)
First trip ever HNY 15th Feb 2014
Second trip to HNY 17th Feb 2015!!!

stormflm595

I used the VEA service last year and would definitely recommend it...i'm using it again in march too! the driver and the baggage man were very pleasant and helpful, the coach itself very clean and well looked after. unfortunately our journey from CDG to disney was very long...almost 2 hours but that was due to road works along the route and not down to the driver or the company in any way...once we hit the highway we were on our way and got there in good time.
The service is situated in terminal 2E and 2F which are literally next to one another, you'll see the both, which i know for sure you definitely come out off if you're flying from Birmingham...i imagine it would be the same for most places in the UK but don't hold me to it.anyway, if you don't fly into that particularly terminal, then get to 2E/F. once there, you will find the shuttle stop outside of door 8. just keep walking ahead and there is an office straight ahead of you that has the disneyland paris logo and the vea shuttle logo in frosted lettering on the glass. you shouldn't miss it but if you do, there is an info desk right next to door 8 and they will be able to help you. there will be other families too looking for it, so there will be at least one family or person who will know where to go...don't be afraid to ask for help ;)
A typical journey should last for around an hour but this is dependent on what is going on around the area in regards to roadworks etc.
The bus is quite easy to find, like i said above, ask for help if unsure but as long as you walk out of door 8 and keep in a straight line you'll be fine.
there should be a time for pick ups on your printed out docs, but i recommend asking the driver on arrival, i'm sure he'll be happy to help out. also there is a VEA info desk located inside next to the bus stand where you can find out the times for pick ups at each hotel, particularly the sequoia, it would be best to ask before getting on tbh as they will have the direct info to hand. make sure you leave enough time for check in and be aware of any incidents which may slow your trip to the airport down...delays, crashes on the highway etc. it is better to leave too early than too late.
also i really recommend making sure that you are one of the first at the bus stop at the sequoia on pick up for the airport, i found that most people were dropped off and picked up here as this is an extremely popular hotel to stay at and there may not be enough seats to carry everyone, since they pick up from other hotels before.
I hope this helps, any more Q's I'll be happy to help, whether about VEA or disney in general!
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort