Packing for late November trip

Started by Sonyak3, October 22, 2014, 12:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonyak3

Hi..looking for advice on what I need to pack for our November trip.dere is myself partner and 2 kids 7 and 3.will I need 2 pairs of shoes or will one do?i am tryin to pack light, plan on wearing jackets on us while travelling to spare d room in d suitcases..any advise will be appreciated...

Sammy6

I've been advised to pack thermals as can be very cold standing around waiting for parades/Dreams - also gloves, scarfs, hats etc.  I know people who recommend waterproof trousers too, incase it's very wet.  We're going end of Nov too and also want to pack light but think I may struggle!

DisneyMichelle

Hey

I have been many times during November and it has always been very very cold. So pack warm clothing. Wear layers and good warm socks.

However last time I went in November i went around the 24th and it was a lot warmer then usual. I would just keep your eye on the weather nearer the time and make sure you have enough to layer up should it get cold while your there.
I was once told to have a happy place in your mind for when times get hard. Disneyland Paris is my happy place. :)

RockNRoller

Its been said before but layers is the way to go. I've been going in the last week of November for the last 10 years and find you cant go wrong with a T-shirt, sweat shirt, fleece, raincoat combo, my trousers are also the walking type that are classed as fast dry/shower proof. Covers all possibilities. Also if it is cold we mix our rides up, one indoors then one outdoors so you never get too cold.
I take 2 pairs of shoes, bear in mind the amount of walking you could be doing, you'd be surprised how far you'll go.
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

neeyore

I too will be going in Nov (Monday 17th to Thurs 20th), I know I'm going to find it so hard to pack lightly, we are going to try to squeeze everything (for me, hubby and our 4 year old) into 2 cabin cases of 12kg each so that we arent being delayed by hold luggage and can travel lightly around Paris for the day.

Can I ask those of you who regularly visit DLP in mid to late Nov, is it quite busy? I know that its not possible to say for sure how busy any given week will be, but is there a general overview you could give as to queue times for rides and princess pavilion/whether they tend to be walk-ons by this time of year etc? thanks in advance for any info

RockNRoller

Quote from: neeyore on October 23, 2014, 08:59:57 PM
Can I ask those of you who regularly visit DLP in mid to late Nov, is it quite busy? I know that its not possible to say for sure how busy any given week will be, but is there a general overview you could give as to queue times for rides and princess pavilion/whether they tend to be walk-ons by this time of year etc? thanks in advance for any info
Never been in the Princess Pavilion so I cant say for that but the longest queue I've ever had at the end of November was 45 minutes for Crush. Mostly its 10-20 minutes
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

neeyore

Quote from: RockNRoller on October 23, 2014, 11:21:58 PM
Quote from: neeyore on October 23, 2014, 08:59:57 PM
Never been in the Princess Pavilion so I cant say for that but the longest queue I've ever had at the end of November was 45 minutes for Crush. Mostly its 10-20 minutes

Thank you RockNRoller  :D :D

gemma2806

I went the last week of November last year from Sunday to Saturday. The Sunday was moderate crowds as was Monday. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday were fantastically quiet! On these days we had no waits of more than 10 mins. Friday was moderate again and Saturday was horrific!

The longest waits all holiday were Big Thunder Mountain which was 40 mins one day mainly because they weren't operating Fastpass that day. The Princess Pavilion never seemed to be below 60 mins ever! The longest wait for Crush's coaster seemed to be 20-25 mins.

Dressing in layers is definitely the best thing to do. The last few days of the holiday though were very sunny and mild so we didn't even use hats, gloves or scarves etc!