Euro Disney S.C.A. (EDL) Shares

Started by shell_ely, March 27, 2007, 10:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mnewcourt

It looks good. I believe mine expires after the summer. Let's see how renewing goes around that time.

MrsPirate

I really hope someone can help, this is driving me insane.

I finally got round to buying another 95 shares so now hold 101 shares. I've completed the renew membership form on the Disney website, uploaded my photo (that's a whole other story!) and validated my renewal. Now it's telling me to sign, date and return the renewal form with my contract note but I can't find the renewal form to sign and date. What am I doing wrong?????

Thanks,

Alison

Off Site June 1992
Santa Fe, July 2009
Cheyenne, June 2010
Newport Bay Club Admirals Floor, July 2011
Sequoia Lodge, Christmas November 2011
Sequoia Lodge, June 2012
Hotel New York, Christmas November 2012
Hotel New York, Halloween 2013
Disneyland Hotel, Christmas 2014 and Christmas 2015
Newport Bay Club Compass Club, Christmas 2016 and Christmas 2018

justlikeidreamedit

Hi

I had a nightmare renewing my membership after buying the extra shares and in the end it was not sending the documents from my Hotmail address. The only successful method was from my Gmail account.

However, that isn't your problem. I have tried to look into the way I did it but it says you can only access it 60 days before your renewal date and through the MySpace section of the shareholders website.

All I remember was filling the renewal form in from the prompt, downloading the photo and sending. This then prompted a document that contained the questions with my answers printed out in the same basic font. I then printed this out and signed it, scanned it and resent it back as an attachment with a copy of my proof.

If this doesn't help, the contact us section is very fast at replying by email and the people there understand English and are very helpful.

MrsPirate

Thanks for the speedy reply.

Glad it's not me, I finally gave up and emailed them. Hopefully it will be sorted soon I'm so impatient I want my new card

Off Site June 1992
Santa Fe, July 2009
Cheyenne, June 2010
Sequoia Lodge, June 2012

Alexz

One question, maybe a dumb one, but how much will 100 shares cost me right now?
My previous Disney trips:
Tokyo Disneyland: March 1998
Walt Disney World: March 2008 /*\ New Years 2011 /*\ April 2013 /*\ October 2015
Disneyland Paris: September 2013 /*\ July 2015
Disneyland California: August 2016 (Honeymoon)

Upcoming trips:
Disneyland Paris: Spring 2020?
Walt Disney World: 2021 or 2022
Hong Kong Disneyland: -
Shanghai Disneyland: -

captain rocket

Alexz, Today's price seems to be around the 4.25 Euro mark, so 425 Euros plus any buying fees you may incur. Like a lot of people on this site I bought my shares through a Halifax Building Society share account
This seems to be one of the best value ways to buy and is all done on line.
Now all you have to decide is if it is worth it to you for the advantages you will gain! I visit two or three times a year and although they increased the shareholding to 100 I think, for me, it is very good value! The old amount of 20 shares was just an absolute steal! I know it's the wrong thing to say, but I do feel someone special when I knock on the door of Salon Mickey and see people around me looking to see what goes on in there! The hot chocolate is amazing in the winter and some of the snacks they have would cost you four or five Euros in the Cable Car Bake Shop!
There are of course several financial advantages as well, but money can't buy the Salon Mickey experience! Well, maybe 400 plus Euros can!!

Alexz

Thank you for that information captain rocket! I actually also think ~400 Euros is a good deal to be a part of some Disney magic.
My previous Disney trips:
Tokyo Disneyland: March 1998
Walt Disney World: March 2008 /*\ New Years 2011 /*\ April 2013 /*\ October 2015
Disneyland Paris: September 2013 /*\ July 2015
Disneyland California: August 2016 (Honeymoon)

Upcoming trips:
Disneyland Paris: Spring 2020?
Walt Disney World: 2021 or 2022
Hong Kong Disneyland: -
Shanghai Disneyland: -

Samninetysix

If you're in the UK - Halifax have certain days where you only pay a £3.95 commission instead of a £11.95 one. We are like captain rocket, started with 20 then upped our share holding to 100 when the rules of the shareholders club changed. Salon Mickey is definitely worth being in the shareholders club for, when we went for Halloween last year there some big big crowds, we just politely excused ourselves through them to the Salon Mickey door, one "tap tap" later and we were in - in the beautiful Victorian luxury, coffee and cookies - relaxed. 10 minutes later, out the door on the other side of the room and straight into the park, bypassing all the crowds :) . As for discounts, we went to DLRP 4 times last year and next week is our second trip this year. We generally eat at the buffet service or table service restaurants so the 15% discount on your food bill soon mounts up. At a rough average of 25€ per person for a buffet meal, we save over 11€ for the 3 of us per meal.

We also bought 3 x AP Dream at 169€ each, another saving of 90€ for the 3 of us, the discounts really can mount up if you spend enough (as we always seem to do)

Gcpearson

Bought 101 shares via Halifax Share Dealing Service on 23/4/2014   (100 shares would have been OK).

On the same day I ......

• Completed the online Euro Disney Shareholders Club Application form at... http://corporate.disneylandparis.com/shareholders/shareholders-club/index.xhtml#contentj
  • Printed off the form, signed it and scanned it.
  • Clicked on the link in the email from Euro Disney to confirm my email address.
  • Emailed to Euro Disney, on the email address given, the signed application form along with screen shots of the Halifax Share-dealing "Order to Buy" plus "Trade Confirmation" plus "Account Statement" to demonstrate that I had bought the shares.
Two days later on 25/4/2014 I received email confirmation of membership to the Shareholders Club with my Shareholders Club Card Number.

I emailed straight back to request something I could use to prove membership in case the club card does not arrive in time for our visit next month.

Euro Disney emailed straight back with a link to download my "Temporary Certificate of Shareholders Club Membership " which is valid for 2 months.

The whole process from buying the shares to having the Temporary Certificate took 2 days!

Really impressed how fast and easy this was! :)

perrollaz

Wow superb, I wonder if my re-newal request will proceed as fast as yours?
I'll submit it after this visit in the forum :-D

mickeyspal

I renewed mine 6 weeks ago, emailed all the relevant info & asked for confirmation of receipt which I received couple of days later.  All very simple to do, unfortunately I have not yet received my new card,  I emailed Disney last Friday to ask if they have sent it out yet, they replied by sending a temporary paper form. I didn't have to wait so long the last time, is this usual for renewals?
1993 + 2005 - Hotel Cheyenne
1995 - Walt Disney World Florida
1997 - Hotel New York
1998 - Hotel Santa Fe
2000 + 2006 + 2012 + 2014 - Sequoia Lodge
2002 + 2004 +  2009 - Newport Bay
2007 + 2015 - Hong Kong Disney
2007 - DLP (1 day visit)
2017 - Disneyland Hotel - Cinderella Suite
2018 - Disney Cruise- Mediterranean
2019 - Disneyland Hotel
2020 - Disney Merrytime Cruise - Caribbean

MrsPirate

Quote from: mickeyspal on May 05, 2014, 09:37:17 AM
I renewed mine 6 weeks ago, emailed all the relevant info & asked for confirmation of receipt which I received couple of days later.  All very simple to do, unfortunately I have not yet received my new card,  I emailed Disney last Friday to ask if they have sent it out yet, they replied by sending a temporary paper form. I didn't have to wait so long the last time, is this usual for renewals?

We renewed our membership almost 6 weeks ago and are still waiting for our new card. I was beginning the think  it might have been lost in the post, but if you are still waiting hopefully they are just being slow at sending them out.

Off Site June 1992
Santa Fe, July 2009
Cheyenne, June 2010
Sequoia Lodge, June 2012

justlikeidreamedit

Mine arrived exactly six weeks after the application went in. I'm guessing that now they have to have photos on, they maybe have to have a batch made in one go and so do as many as possible. Hope it comes soon.

norhel

Just wondering if anyone has had a trouble by getting your brooker to confirm that you own the shares?
Just had a little back and fourth with my brooker, and they usually don't confirm the way EDL want to.....

4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

captain rocket

I bought my shares through the Halifax in UK and have no problems with getting exactly what DLRP require, they seem to expect your request coming through!