Pre-trip report 8th-12th December 2014

Started by justlikewedreamedit-xo, November 08, 2014, 04:12:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justlikewedreamedit-xo

Hi everyone! I have been itching to write this for a while now, and I thought what better day to write it - it is exactly a month today until our trip! I honestly cannot believe that it is that soon, it really has come around so fast.

Who: Myself (Brittany) and my boyfriend, John. It is our first trip together. It will be my 10th trip, having visited 9 times with my family (1997-2013, staying in the Sequoia Lodge, Santa Fe, Cheyenne, Explorers and Hotel l'Elysee Val d'Europe). I have also visited the parks on 2 day trips. John has been on a day trip to the parks before, but we  don't count that as a proper trip as a) he only went on two rides and b) it was not with a disney expert such as myself ;)

When: Monday 8th - Friday 12th December. I originally wanted to go for 3 days to ease John into the swing of things, but we got a very good deal  :D

Where: Hotel Cheyenne. I have not stayed in this hotel since 2000! So my memories of it are a little hazy. I would like John and I to stay in all of the Disney Hotels so I thought it would be good to start from the cheapest and work our way up. I stayed in the Santa Fe last time I visited with my family so John said the Cheyenne would be a good place for us to start  :D My best friend Sophie and her boyfriend stay in this hotel every year so I am expecting good things from it. It is my Mum's favourite too, so she is very jealous!

Things I am most excited about: Where to begin?!

• Walking/running through Fantasia Gardens and through the turnstiles into the park!
  • Walking under Main Street Station and seeing the beautiful castle for the first time <3
  • Seeing all of the beautiful Christmas decorations (it is my first Christmas trip!)
  • Getting a hug off my pal Mickey
  • Smelling the water off Pirates of the Caribbean for the first time in nearly 5 years (it was closed on my last trip)
  • Riding Phantom Manor and Big Thunder Mountain in the dark
  • Hearing the tick rock of the It's A Small Works clock
  • Watching Top 10 Things To Know Before You Go on the hotel tv
  • Breakfast in the Cheyenne
  • Watching the Christmas version of Disney Dreams
  • Meeting Rapunzel, Merida, Anna and Elsa
  • Exploring Walt Disney Studios in more depth
  • Spending my annual earnings on Disney merch
  • Watching Buffalo Bills's Wild West Show (again, something that I haven't done since 2000) and eating at Inventions for the first time! Eeeek!
  • Showing the parks off to John

Worries/Concerns: I know that I am going to have the BEST time but I am a little worried about a few things. I have never been to DLP for more than a day without my family before and I am really worried that I am going to miss them terribly  :'( DLP is a very family orientated place for us, and it definitely won't be the same without my parents, or Steph, Nats and Josh. Two of our family-favourite restaurants are shut when I visit and I was originally very upset about this, but talking things over with my Mum and my best pal Sophie made me realise that this is probably a good thing cos this way I get to try new places and also won't be pining after them as much. I also worry that John won't get any of the Disney references and the like. Don't get me wrong, he is GREAT, he liked Disney anyway before he met me so is happy to watch Disney films with me and to go away with me (the trip was actually his idea), and I am incredibly excited to be going there with him because I feel like it is the start of the rest of our lives in a way because it is somewhere we will be visiting a LOT in the future, but I just feel like I am really gonna miss Josh acting out lines for Top 10 Things To Know Before You Go in the queues, and the 4 of us getting nervous before we go in and see Mickey for the first time. This probably sounds so silly to a lot of you but I just feel like this is going to be my first proper grown up trip to DLP (not that I shall be acting grown up in the slightest but you know what I mean  :-\ ). I also feel like it has to be perfect cos I desperately want John to love it the same way that I do. He has said that seeing me happy will make him the happiest guy alive which is obviously lovely to hear but I am still a little anxious!

Thanks for reading guys, I shall be posting a trip report once I am back!

Justlikewedreamedit-xo

Fluffymilly

I hope that you have a wonderful time, look forward to hearing all about it!

Uragano Tati

You will have a great time with your boyfriend!! Disneyland can be a very romantic place!!!
April 1998: Sequoia Lodge
January 2003: Disneyland Hotel
May 2012: Santa Fe
September 2013: Cheyenne
November 2014: Cheyenne

DisneyRon

Have a wonderful time, don't dwell too much on the family members who won't be there, focus on the man you did bring along. ;D I'm quite sure you'll be just fine once you both settle in. The magic will do that to you. :D

pialykke

Ahh, this is a whole new beginning for the both of you - and though I understand how you would miss your family, this is when you start making memories of your own. So just enjoy every minute of it!!! :)
Hope you have a wonderful trip!

May 2017 - Newport
November 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2012 - Santa Fe

justlikewedreamedit-xo

Quote from: Fluffymilly on November 08, 2014, 11:49:43 PM
I hope that you have a wonderful time, look forward to hearing all about it!
Thanks Fluffymilly!  ;D

Quote from: Uragano Tati on November 09, 2014, 04:23:48 PM
You will have a great time with your boyfriend!! Disneyland can be a very romantic place!!!
Yes I know Uragano Tati, my boyfriend is mr romantic anyway but do,binding the man I love with the place I love will no doubt be too much for me to handle :')

Quote from: DisneyRon on November 09, 2014, 04:26:42 PM
Have a wonderful time, don't dwell too much on the family members who won't be there, focus on the man you did bring along. ;D I'm quite sure you'll be just fine once you both settle in. The magic will do that to you. :D
Thanks DisneyRon, you are right! I shall keep reminding myself of that each time I miss my family!

Quote from: pialykke on November 09, 2014, 06:24:38 PM
Ahh, this is a whole new beginning for the both of you - and though I understand how you would miss your family, this is when you start making memories of your own. So just enjoy every minute of it!!! :)
Hope you have a wonderful trip!

Eeeee you are so right pialykke, it really is the beginning of forever! But then that just adds to my worries. My brother told me at the dinner table tonight that he wants me to film everything and send it all to him at the end of each day which made me so emotional! I am hoping that my trip will spur my dad on to book us another family trip ;)

Thanks for your kind words guys, I really appreciate it! <3

Justlikewedreamedit-xo

ilovedisneylandparis

PAL I cannot believe I've only just logged in and seen this! I am so excited for you, you & John are gonna have the best time and even though you will miss everyone I just know that being in DLP with him will be so special :D What a magical pre-trip report, can't wait to read the post-trip report! xx

IntoTheWoods

Oh the feels! How cute is this!?  :) I'm already looking forward to the post-trip report!

No doubt you will have a wonderful stay with you boyfriend! Disneyland was the first trip I made with my boyfried too (also a Disney(land) Veteran) - it was my first trip to DLP though) and it also was the first time I went on vacation without my family! It was kinda scary but wonderful in the end.
So I kinda understand how you are feeling. Now our third trip to DLP together comes up next week (1st - 5th Dec.) and we couldn't be more excited :)

I really wish you two a wonderful and magical time in DLP! And please report back after it!
Where nothing's clear.
Where witches, ghosts and wolves appear

justlikewedreamedit-xo

Quote from: geekyjo on November 26, 2014, 11:07:56 PM
PAL I cannot believe I've only just logged in and seen this! I am so excited for you, you & John are gonna have the best time and even though you will miss everyone I just know that being in DLP with him will be so special :D What a magical pre-trip report, can't wait to read the post-trip report! xx

Aw shucks, thanks pal :') starting to get stressy-excited now over packing!!!

Quote from: IntoTheWoods on November 27, 2014, 07:37:56 PM
Oh the feels! How cute is this!?  :) I'm already looking forward to the post-trip report!

No doubt you will have a wonderful stay with you boyfriend! Disneyland was the first trip I made with my boyfried too (also a Disney(land) Veteran) - it was my first trip to DLP though) and it also was the first time I went on vacation without my family! It was kinda scary but wonderful in the end.
So I kinda understand how you are feeling. Now our third trip to DLP together comes up next week (1st - 5th Dec.) and we couldn't be more excited :)

I really wish you two a wonderful and magical time in DLP! And please report back after it!

Thanks IntoTheWoods! It is nice to know that I am not alone with my nervousness. I am glad that you and your boyfriend have been able to make some memories of your own (and that he introduced you to DLP ;) ) I hope that you both have an amazing time! Not many days to go for you now! Enjoy!

twentythingamabobs

Oh sheesh - how cute are you!  ;D You will have a brillant time - I have the opposite problem from you! We are going for our first ever Christmas visit in 3 and a bit weeks and my fiance couldn't get time off work  :'( I am going to miss him sooo  much but know I will appreciate having just family time the same way you will love having such a lovely time to make precious memories with just your boyfriend! I hope you do a report afterwards, really can't wait to read it. Not long for you now at all!!

justlikewedreamedit-xo

Quote from: twentythingamabobs on November 28, 2014, 12:36:01 PM
Oh sheesh - how cute are you!  ;D You will have a brillant time - I have the opposite problem from you! We are going for our first ever Christmas visit in 3 and a bit weeks and my fiance couldn't get time off work  :'( I am going to miss him sooo  much but know I will appreciate having just family time the same way you will love having such a lovely time to make precious memories with just your boyfriend! I hope you do a report afterwards, really can't wait to read it. Not long for you now at all!!

Oh my gosh, you are making me all embarrassed :') I am sorry to hear that your fiancée couldn't get time off work! Hopefully you can buy him lots of treats whilst you are away, and make a list of things to do when you next return together :') I am planning to do a trip report so keep your eyes peeled ;) eeee I know! I have been feeling sick for the past two days and having a rubbish night sleep and I think it is because I am so excited! 10 days!!!!

Have a lovely trip if I don't speak to you before :')

samuelvictor

Have a great time! We're going the next week after you go, can't wait :D Look forward to seeing your trip report

justlikewedreamedit-xo

Quote from: samuelvictor on November 29, 2014, 09:30:16 PM
Have a great time! We're going the next week after you go, can't wait :D Look forward to seeing your trip report

Thanks, samuelvictor! Have a magical trip :D

samuelvictor