The Maleficent Disney Villains Promenade

Started by Lily, October 08, 2014, 10:39:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lily

I seen on YouTube that is scrum to meet the disney villains do I need to be worry about this next week  13th to 17th October 2014 when in be there.

DLPWonders (Banned)

Probably, it's just madness.
Even last week during a quite day in the middle of the week it was still crazy at the Villains meet.

It's the meet at Maleficent's Court btw, the Promenade is just a very small sort of parade at the opening of the park. ;)
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

Lily

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G6w1NEBAEeY

I don't to be push about be other guests trying to have photo of themselves or there kids of the villains and autographs of the villains for the themselves or for their kids. 

Esti

It is pretty crazy. Some characters (Gaston, Dr Facilier, Jafar) have less people, so it is easier to get a picture. However, Maleficent and the Evil Queen have a massive amount of people around them. I guess it might be a little easier if you go to the courtyard a few minutes before they arrive, as some people don't know there's a meet n greet. As soon as they get there, though, people see them and go bananas.

CitrusZing

It's not only those meets that are crazy. The scrum to get on the buses, etc too can be like that! My obviously disabled partner has been pushed several times. We don't bother to try and meet characters as some parents lose their marbles and stop caring about other people apart from their child.  :'(

We are going for Halloween and part of me is dreading it as it falls during Half Term.
DLP: 1992 Summer (Cheyenne).
2012: May (Santa Fe).
2013: Nov (Kyriad).
2014: Jan (Cheyenne), & Halloween (Kyriad).
2015: Jan - Birthday Trip (Disneyland Hotel) & Sept (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2016: April (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2017: Jan (Santa Fe - 1 night birthday trip), March (Hotel New York - Empire State Club), June (Cheyenne - 1 night trip) & Sept (Santa Fe).
Upcoming:
Sept 2018 (Newport Bay Club - Compass Club).

RyanPosh

Quote from: CitrusZing on October 12, 2014, 02:40:13 PM

We are going for Halloween and part of me is dreading it as it falls during Half Term.

That's playing on my mind. Any tips?! We are trying to be realistic about the number of rides we will get on, and make up for it by seeing as much street entertainment as possible.

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: RyanPosh on October 14, 2014, 10:24:45 PM
That's playing on my mind. Any tips?! We are trying to be realistic about the number of rides we will get on, and make up for it by seeing as much street entertainment as possible.

Are you going to the actual Soiree? If so, please do not count on any rides!
With an event like that you should go for the entertainment, and not for the rides.
There are only a few rides open, and those rides really have a queue up to 3/4 hours.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''