Empire State Club^^

Started by tommicute, September 30, 2014, 01:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tommicute

Me and my mom are going to disneyland from november 17th to the 21
We will be at the resort now for the 10th time and booked a room on the empire state club etage
at hotel new york
Have any of you experience with hotel new york
How are the rooms and the view
How is breakfast
How exactly does the VIP fastpass work
Ive heard we also have a seperate check in booth?

Thx for yourminformation guys

Greetings from Austria/Tyrol
;D

DisneyRon

Well, a VIP FastPass is just like a normal FastPass, except it works as a single unlimited pass for the duration of your stay. So you can just walk into any attraction using the FastPass lane, as often as you like. Just show that card and they'll let you through.

It could be that they're not valid on certain times of day like the normal Hotel FastPasses (those aren't active between 13:00 and 16:00), but for the VIP version I somehow doubt that.

As you're in the Empire State Club you can use the private lounge of that floor for afternoon snacks and free drinks.

never2old

The VIP fast pass is valid until one hour before the park closes, if I remember it right  :D It's THE most wonderful little piece of paper you can have...

We stayed in the Empire State Club a last year, it was really nice. The rooms are not much different than the standard HNY ones (I think we did have a Nespresso machine). Lounge is  great, breakfast itself is the same as downstairs, but you have a much quieter lounge, and of course you get the characters. When we were there they didn't  seem to change much, we saw Mickey and Launchpad every day - but my then 2 year old couldn't be happier to see Mickey Mouse every morning. You can also go back during the day for complimentary soft drinks, but we didn't go back much, I confess... There's also a TV in the lounge, and a sofa area with books and I think some games.

When we were there we could also have lunch in the lounge, since we were with our little daughter who needed a nap we decided to try it, it wasn't cheap but it was really good. And we had the lounge to ourselves!

If you've never in the New York, it's a great hotel, probably our favourite. The service is really good; the rooms are very spacious (specially if it's just two of you, you usually get a double bed and a sofa area), and very comfy... It's going to be fully refurbished soon so as you can expect there are some more run down bits, but personally I never saw anything too serious. It's not a huge hotel, I would say it's the smallest Disney hotel, and that's quite nice, you never get huge crowds anywhere, and never have too far to walk to get anywhere.

Breakfast is wonderful, take your time! Cooked breakfast of course, and the most delicious orange juice!! (I always go on and on about their juice but it's really nice!!)

The hotel bar is really nice, my favourite in all of the Disney hotels. Very relaxed, I've never seen it too busy, we love going for a drink at the end of the day. You can also have some snacks, enough for a light meal. Otherwise you have the 2 restaurants. I've never done Manhattan, the table service one, but menu looked good. The other one, Parkside Diner, is the buffet restaurant, and personally I think it's the weak point of the hotel, the food is OK but nothing extraordinary, particularly for the price you're paying. Don't get me wrong, we've had dinner there a few times and it was always OK, but it's not a restaurant I'm dying to go back to.... They also have room service, which we also like, particularly after a long tiring day, it is kind of nice to have dinner in the room...

As for the view... If you have a lake view room it can be quite nice, we were once upgraded to one and the view was really lovely. Last time when we were in the Empire State Club we had a lovely view of the carpark - but could also see the park a bit to the side, even the Castle....

tommicute

Thanks so much guys^^
we are soo looking forward to our trip