The chance of more rooms becoming available

Started by Livvipivvi, September 26, 2014, 09:06:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Livvipivvi

Hiya,  I'm looking into booking a holiday just before christmas at the disneyland hotel, but the only room available is the standard with terrace, which is £163 more than the standard room that I wanted to book.

Do you think that theres much chance of a standard becoming available, or should I just book whats available?

TIA :)

Has Disney blues after our first visit 25/05/14-29/05/14 (Hotel New York). Going back 19/12/14, flights and DLH booked! Yepppyyy!!!!

andrewuk

At that time of year you are lucky that there is anything available. I would book now if I were you
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

Livvipivvi

Okies thank you :)

I've bitten the bullet and booked, yeyyyyy!! Disney said that I will be able to make changes without charge, so long as the price goes up due to the changes. So I've booked the room, but left the half board meal plan that I'm planning on booking.  That way I've secured a room, but got a bit of leeway to make changes if a better price or room crops up :) Plannnn! I'm sooooooo excited!  ;D ;D ;D

Has Disney blues after our first visit 25/05/14-29/05/14 (Hotel New York). Going back 19/12/14, flights and DLH booked! Yepppyyy!!!!

Andybear

Quote from: Livvipivvi on September 26, 2014, 09:06:23 PM
Hiya,  I'm looking into booking a holiday just before christmas at the disneyland hotel, but the only room available is the standard with terrace, which is £163 more than the standard room that I wanted to book.

Do you think that theres much chance of a standard becoming available, or should I just book whats available?

TIA :)

I booked my DLP trip which ran from 14th to 18th September in February.  I stayed in Sequoia Lodge and booked a Montana room in the main hotel building rather than a room in a Lodge because I was travelling alone and didn't want to wander around in the dark through the wooded areas on my own.  When I checked in there were no Montana rooms available!  I was not happy and made this very clear explaining why I'd booked a Montana room in the first place (very politely, not nastily).  So not only will there not be much chance of a standard room becoming available, you may not even get the type of room you actually booked! 

Incidentally I ended up staying in one of the Lodges in SL and they gave me a VIP Fastpass for the whole trip as compensation which was brilliant.  But this has made me wary of going to DLP again in case the same thing happens again as it was not a pleasant start to the trip.  On top of that the day after I came home I  became ill with what turned out to be Norovirus!  The day after the symptoms started I ended up being taken to hospital in an ambulance where that was the diagnosis and they said that it would've been in my system for up to 48 hours before I showed any symptoms.  So 2 things which are making me concerned about returning.

stormflm595

Wow! Christmas at the Disneyland Hotel! That is a dream come true! I hope you have a magical time!
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

Livvipivvi

Oh gosh andy, sounds like u had an outing!

Oh I know storm, I still can't believe I've booked it! Lol. It's costing a fortune, but I'd rather spend a small fortune on the memories that we will have as a family, than waste however amount of money on the bits of plastic junk that I'd end up buyin for my 2 girls otherwise. I will still get them things for Christmas, but nothin like I would usually. And having disney to focus on should keep me occupied enough to not get sucked in to the Christmas spending vortex lol

stormflm595

Quote from: Livvipivvi on September 30, 2014, 06:45:46 PM

Oh I know storm, I still can't believe I've booked it! Lol. It's costing a fortune, but I'd rather spend a small fortune on the memories that we will have as a family, than waste however amount of money on the bits of plastic junk that I'd end up buyin for my 2 girls otherwise. I will still get them things for Christmas, but nothin like I would usually. And having disney to focus on should keep me occupied enough to not get sucked in to the Christmas spending vortex lol

I completely agree. Me and my mum always say that we'll stay at the DLH at Christmas one day =) What dates are you going? it'll be so magical if you are spending Christmas Eve and Christmas Day there!
August 2001 DLP, 3 days

DisneyRon

Quote from: Andybear on September 29, 2014, 08:03:50 PM

Incidentally I ended up staying in one of the Lodges in SL and they gave me a VIP Fastpass for the whole trip as compensation which was brilliant.  But this has made me wary of going to DLP again in case the same thing happens again as it was not a pleasant start to the trip.  On top of that the day after I came home I  became ill with what turned out to be Norovirus!  The day after the symptoms started I ended up being taken to hospital in an ambulance where that was the diagnosis and they said that it would've been in my system for up to 48 hours before I showed any symptoms.  So 2 things which are making me concerned about returning.

Unfortunately you could have picked up a Noro infection at the local shops or on your daily commute just as easily, they're really infectious little buggers. :) Something like that is quite unlikely to be Disney Housekeeping's fault.

Livvipivvi

Quote from: stormflm595 on September 30, 2014, 06:48:00 PM

I completely agree. Me and my mum always say that we'll stay at the DLH at Christmas one day =) What dates are you going? it'll be so magical if you are spending Christmas Eve and Christmas Day there!

We are going 19th-23rd, so not spending Christmas Eve and day there unfortunately. I would have liked to, but my mum couldn't come with us and she loves spending Christmas Day with our DD's. This year is the first Christmas Day that she's not had to work for years too, so would feel rotten if we took that away from her. It's gonna b fab tho, DD's don't know that we are goin. We are pickin them up from school on the last day of school and go straight to the airport and are flying home late on the 23rd. Christmas Eve is gonna be chaos, but I'm hoping to plan everythin well in advance.

stormflm595

Quote from: Livvipivvi on September 30, 2014, 06:56:05 PM

We are going 19th-23rd, so not spending Christmas Eve and day there unfortunately. I would have liked to, but my mum couldn't come with us and she loves spending Christmas Day with our DD's. This year is the first Christmas Day that she's not had to work for years too, so would feel rotten if we took that away from her. It's gonna b fab tho, DD's don't know that we are goin. We are pickin them up from school on the last day of school and go straight to the airport and are flying home late on the 23rd. Christmas Eve is gonna be chaos, but I'm hoping to plan everythin well in advance.

What a great mum and daughter you are! I hope you have a wonderful time!
August 2001 DLP, 3 days

Queen Elsa

Quote from: Livvipivvi on September 30, 2014, 06:56:05 PM

This is exactly what we plan on doing next year! It's our daughters first year at school so will need to pick her up on the last day and go straight over. We are also going to keep it a surprise until we get ther! Won't be staying at DLH though!!! 😢 xx

sewpollyesther

I'm excited for you... we are planning to go next christmas, it is such a long way away still, wish we could afford to do it this yet but we have a plan...

Have fun.

moonloo

Wow I would love to stay there again, but at Christmas time?!!!! Wowsers!!!!! We have done the same dates as you at the Santa Fe and it was just amazing.

Andybear

Quote from: DisneyRon on September 30, 2014, 06:53:41 PM
Quote from: Andybear on September 29, 2014, 08:03:50 PM

Unfortunately you could have picked up a Noro infection at the local shops or on your daily commute just as easily, they're really infectious little buggers. :) Something like that is quite unlikely to be Disney Housekeeping's fault.

I know.  I just had such a wonderful holiday and feeling so awful literally hours after coming home made me grumpy!  Still, I lost quite a bit of weight the week I was ill and even though I'm now eating normally I haven't put any weight back on  :D  I will go back there.  My birthday is in early December (in fact it's the 5th, which was Walt Disney's birthday!) and I'd love to visit on my birthday.  I've been in December before so I know what to expect as regards weather etc.

Livvipivvi

Quote from: moonloo on October 01, 2014, 05:13:44 PM
Wow I would love to stay there again, but at Christmas time?!!!! Wowsers!!!!! We have done the same dates as you at the Santa Fe and it was just amazing.

Aw fab moonloo! Was it last year that you went? What was the weather like for you?  I'm in the process of buying good winter walking boots, thermals and handy bits for us all, but there's so much to choose from lol.  Was it really busy there? eeeeek! I can't wait! Not telling the kids is killing me though! I'm so glad that I can come on here and share with you all. I worry that I might have literally burst with excitement if it weren't for you all! lol.