Pre-trip report (visit 28th Oct - 1st Nov 2014)

Started by seraphelle, September 25, 2014, 02:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seraphelle

So today is 33 days until we go, slightly more than a month but for some reaon I have woken up and had to put my polka-dottiest outfit on that I can get away with at work and my Minnie Mouse earrings because I just feel super excited.

We leave on the Tuesday of UK half term (for non UK folks, this is a weeks holiday from school that children get around mid-term). My plan was to spend the Monday packing, but who am I kidding? It will be done the week before we leave and we'll spend the Monday watching our favourite Disney movies  ;D

On the Tuesday, my best friend will take us to the Airport and have some food with us at Frankie & Benny's inside once we've ditched the cases (we live 30 minutes from Birmingham airport so makes more sense for us to fly). The kids are already planning to wear their Ana and Elsa dresses to travel in so we won't look too strange at all  ;D
Once we go through to departures I plan on stocking up on Duty Free Prada Candy (or my Disneyland Hotel perfume as I think of it, reminds me so much of the smell of the DLH). Then we're off!

Once we arrive we have the VEA booked, and we're staying in the Sequoia Lodge this time around and I'm very excited about this as it looks just like my cup of tea. We went all out and stayed in DLH last time (because it was meant to be a one off trip.... ::)) but now we've found a new addiction to Disneyland I predict we'll stay in all of them eventually  ;D I really like the idea of the Cheyenne too (I love the woodsey cowboy theme) but we'll see about that next time. On the day we arrive, we have BBWWS booked for the evening, so will have to wait until the following night to scratch our Dreams itch. We had thought of just going in the studios on the first day, but I know full well that as soon as I hit Disney village I'll pretty much run full pelt to get through to Main Street and see the Castle.

The Wednesday & Thursday we have Inventions booked for the evening (have half board premium plan) as after last year I know my veggie daughter can eat comfortably in here and that takes a massive weight off my mind. At least I know if she picks at a croissant for breakfast and doesn't want to stop for much to eat during the day (too worried about missing something!) then she'll have a lovely full tummy on the evening. I also bought a Fastpass off eBay for these 2 days (which will hopefully work, the feedback so far has been positive), as I know this week will be very busy.

Friday is the Hallowe'en party and we're all very excited about this. I think the youngest wants to go as Rapunzel and the eldest wants to just wear her Elsa dress again but I'm sure they'll change their minds a millions times between now and then. My hubby had a Jack Skellington outfit from last hallowe'en I might squeeze in the suitcase in case the mood takes him, and I haven't decided what I'm going as yet...I was going to try and book the girls into the Princess Boutique in DLH for the Friday morning but I'm not holding out much hope for that, I expect it will be super busy as its the French Half Term too that week plus people will want to dress up for the party on the evening.

The Saturday will be our last day and we have Auberge booked as it'll be the youngest's birthday  ;D She doesn't know we're going here because she thinks its far too expensive, so I'm excited about the surprise  ;D After that it will be the VEA back to the airport and home for our friend to collect us from the airport.  :(

I can't wait to be back there, but sad at the same time because I know it will be so long before we go back again as we're trying to be a little more frugal whilst my husband is completing his degree. Still though, I'm determined that we will enjoy this time around just as much as last time, and the kids have promised me we will definitely get to go into Paris at least once. I just want a photo of them by the Eiffel Tower! I think it's something they will remember fondly, plus how can they not want to go and see the actual Notre Dame after watching the Disney version???  ::) ;D
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

ilovemainstxxx

sounds like you have lots planned..  i am super jealous  ;D
it is my birthday on the 1 nov also , what a lovely way to spend it...
i have not smelt that perfume before but will have to try , i wear calvin klein obsession for the same reason, every time i put it on it my little lad says i smell like disneyland hotel... ;)
hope you have a great time

moonloo

Well now I am going to have to spend my birthday money buying obsession and candy so I can smell like my favourite hotel!!! This forum is such a bad influence, sigh!!!!  :P

stormflm595

i fly from birmingham and go to frankie and benny's before every time too! it's a bit of a tradition!

random Q: i looked at buying perfume from duty free to when i was on my way to Disney in 2013 and when i asked about one, i was told i couldn't buy it as I was flying out and could tamper with it during my holiday. Has this happened to anyone else? I understand security and I'm glad they take it seriously but surely, they could say the same for me taking shampoo etc in my suitcase? Plus I could have easily said I was going home and then put it in my suitcase coming back as normal? I was a bit confused and didn't bother looking this time. maybe for my march trip though?
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

twentythingamabobs

Hi stormflm595, I've never had this happen before I always buy perfume from Newcastle Airport! My Disneyland perfume is Gucci Rush (the red one)  :) I love that we all have scents associated with the magical place.

We are going 30th Oct - 2nd Nov, it is my birthday on the 2nd I am super dooper excited to get my sticker and phone call from Mickey!!!  ;D

seraphelle

Thanks guys! I haven't smelt Obsession or Rush but I will certainly sniff them out now though! I've never had a problem buying perfume on duty free, that's surprised me a bit! Hopefully it'll be ok. It's my birthday on the 5th November and I wish we could stay for mine too but sadly this year is 3rd year juniors for my eldest, and her attendance record has to be perfect for applications to senior school as they go on this year's attendance and reports. Maybe next year I'll have a disneyland birthday lol. Xx

seraphelle

Finally managed to get the kids off to sleep! They're normally fast asleep by 9 at the latest when not at school. We're all very excited!  ;D ;D ;D