Pause gourmande, any suggestions

Started by Sassyb, September 21, 2014, 12:17:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sassyb

Hi everyone, just wondered if any of the regular dlp visitors have any tips on best places to use these, many thanks ;)

msRavenswood

We used ours at the Cable Car Bake Shop. We always chose the muffins, they were fluffy soft and delicious, my favorite was the blueberries one. You could also get a cold drink (soft drinks, water, juice). At the CCBS we were self served, we chose what we wanted, put them on a tray and then exchanged our vouchers at the cashier's desk. One last thing worth mentioning is that when we visited (7-11 September) it wasn't too crowded, but there was a long queue every single day. Perhaps it was because we always exchanged our PG vouchers just before the parade and the crowds were gathered. In any case, bear in mind that you might have to wait, especially if you visit during a popular season.

DisneyRon

Quote from: Sassyb on September 21, 2014, 12:17:58 AM
Hi everyone, just wondered if any of the regular dlp visitors have any tips on best places to use these, many thanks ;)

Hakuna Matata has a wonderful Pineapple Tarte as one of their Pause Gourmande choices, the Double Mickey cakes are pretty nice as well (they have those in multiple locations, I got mine at Restaurant En Coulisse in WDS. I noticed that Au Chalet de la Marionnette has Apple Strudel on the menu for the Pause Gourmande.

I didn't use many of my vouchers (only 2 of the 5 I had), as I always found myself short on time between lunch and dinner and other plans to go and find one I wanted. :)
One big problem in my opinion was that especially in WDS most of the food stalls were closed, restricting your options to use that particular voucher a great deal in that park. They were closed most likely because it's low season, but it's still a bit unfortunate.

itslizi

I've used some at Hakuna Matata and Market House Deli

Hakuna Matata I had a Magnum Caramel and Nut ice-cream bar with a refreshing drink as it was still hot in September whilst at Market House Deli I had a Muffin with a refreshing drink, you could also get a Brioche here.

Sassyb

That's great thank you everyone, some of those sound yummy, great to know there's a variety not just same in each place  ;D

itslizi

Quote from: Sassyb on September 21, 2014, 07:51:33 PM
That's great thank you everyone, some of those sound yummy, great to know there's a variety not just same in each place  ;D

When we were handed our vouchers at Check In I asked where we were able to go to redeem them and they pointed to the list of fast food restaurants on the Guide To The Parks leaflet and said any of these, once outside these places they have some sign or menu that's got the name Pause Gourmande so it's easy to figure out what they offer at each place once there.