March

Started by Mitchell, September 13, 2014, 02:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mitchell

Heya,

We will 99% be heading to DLP (finally!) at the end of March.

Has anyone been? How was the weather and crowds?

Thanks  :)
Jun 2004, Dec 2006, Mar 2015, Aug 2015, Oct 2015, Feb 2016, Mar 2016, April 2016, June 2016, August 2016, October 2016, January 2017, February 2017, March 2017, April 2017, June 2017, October 2017, December 2017

Next trip: June and July 2017

itslizi

I can't comment on the weather as I've only been in February and September, however you can find crowd information over here http://dlrpr.com/calendar/index.php?m=03&y=2015

samuelvictor

We've been twice in March (2011 & 2012) and many of our family & friends go there during that time (for the Welsh Festival). The weather was fine, we had mild rain for about half an hour on 2 days but mostly clear. Obviously its not going to be "Summer hot" but normal clothes were fine (sweat or hoodie on top of tshirt, but no coats required).

As its out of season, the weekdays are really nice and clear, no queues longer than 15 mins on anything, and EMH you can usually just walk on and off. The weekends are busier, as the locals use the parks then, but still we found for most stuff the queues were reasonable. Only really long queues we had were for Crush & the Toy Story rides in the Studios (which were brand & attracting lots of visitors).

Of course if you are there during the Welsh Festival or St Patricks weekends it'll be a little busier, but nowhere near as busy as peak Summer Hols / Halloween / Christmas.

In my opinion it is a great time to visit. The only downside is there seems to be a few more refurbishments out of season - its likely that POTC may be closed for some/all of your trip (for some reason it seems to be annually refurbed in March/April). Other than that we had no major disappointments. :)

moonloo

Hellooo, we have neen twice in March before and will be going back in March 2015.
The first time we went there was some freaky heat wave and it was so so sooooo hot!!! The children had to seek shade every now and then under a tree!
The second time was a little more like you might expect, pleasant but needed a jumper kind of weather.
Frankly we were lucky both times to not need a rain coat, fingers crossed out MArch weather luck continues for next year!

Mitchell

Thanks for the advice!

I wear a jumper 24/7 anyway, so I'll be fine :D
Jun 2004, Dec 2006, Mar 2015, Aug 2015, Oct 2015, Feb 2016, Mar 2016, April 2016, June 2016, August 2016, October 2016, January 2017, February 2017, March 2017, April 2017, June 2017, October 2017, December 2017

Next trip: June and July 2017

justlikewedreamedit-xo

Hi

My family and I usually go in March, and it has never been overly cold. We usually take light layers to stay warm. If it is forecast cold/windy i'd suggest taking something with a hood and/or a hat just to keep your head warm :')

Crowd wise, check the uk and french school holidays. If you avoid these then you will be walking straight on stuff like pirates and phantom manor. We made the mistake of going during a french holiday last year and it was 30-45 mins wait for rides we were used to walking straight on for.

Hope that helped!