Booked for Newport Bay May 2015, but do we change to Sequoia Golden Forest...?

Started by Sam55, September 13, 2014, 11:40:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam55

Hi all

We are so confused.... Advice please....

We have booked a lakeside room at Newport Bay Club for May 2015.

Our little girl will be 2.5 yrs by then and will need a break from the excitement during the day so she doesn't get over tired....

We have been told refurb on the Newport Bay will be not far from finished and that is great....

What we are wondering is whether to change to Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest room so that we get the additional benefits which would make our lives easier....eg:
Separate lounge for breakfast, (hot breakfast from November '14 also a bonus) and free snacks/soft drinks in afternoon for when our daughter is needing a rest.....oh and one fast pass ride per day.

I like the idea of the benefits, but the Newport Bay looks lovely......anyone experienced the Golden Forest rooms?
It's a shame the Admiral's Floor doesn't have these benefits or that would be an easy choice.

We are also planning to do the meal plan plus for us and just go to buffets for our little one to eat free or pay the extra as and when for her.

Please help...?

Any other recommendations gratefully received.....DLH would be lovely, but out of our price range!

Thanks in advance - so excited, but indecisive lol

Sam x :D
Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest  May 2015
Newport Bay Club Compass Club December 2015

gemma2806

You're not alone quite a few forum members are having trouble with this dilemma at the moment.

The main points in respect of the Newport Bay are that the majority of rooms will be refurbished by May next year and I must admit that the rooms look lovely. The main down side is that they are several months behind with the refurbishment at the moment and it looks more and more likely that the hotel wouldn't be completed until after their deadline of September 2015. In May the bars, boutique and possibly one restaurant would still not be completed. You do have the bonus of the new amenities in terms of the pool but the Sequoia also has a lovely pool.

From here on in I'm afraid I'm biased! The Sequoia GFC is my favourite choice. The rooms are more autumnal looking and darker shades than the Newport but I love the rooms. The rooms are the same as the others in the main building apart from there is a Nespresso machine available in GFC rooms and you get chocolate coins on the bed every night when you return to your room.

I personally think the extra benefits are worth the extra cost. The Hotel FP each day, the afternoon buffet in the lounge, the unlimited free soft drinks, the quieter breakfast room with hot breakfast from November 2014 as standard. Plus some other little perks. I just think it's much better value for money.

I really want to stay in the Newport again once the refurbishment is completed but I must admit that I have been spoilt by the GFC and may have difficulty going anywhere else again!  :D