Potential AirFrance Strike Action (September 15th-22nd)

Started by mr.flibble, September 11, 2014, 11:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr.flibble

Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster here.

Whilst planning our trip to the resort for next week, I came across an AirFrance alert advising of potential strike action between the 15th and 22nd of September ..... great  :-\  :'( !!!

So just wanted to let forum members know, in case anyone is due to fly with them. Here is the alert - http://www.airfrance.co.uk/GB/en/local/information/news/news-air-traffic-air-france.htm.

I have spoken to my travel agent and I am protected by both them and Disney (as I booked a full package with them). So in the case of flight cancellations due to strike action, I will either be able to move my holiday free of charge, provided the dates work, and if not I will be entitled to a free refund.

Hopefully this is just a threat and is called off..... fingers crossed.

Mileto

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

mr.flibble

Quote from: Mileto on September 11, 2014, 02:58:39 PM
We are due to fly. This cannot be possible!  :'(

Check with your travel agent to see what your options are.

We are (hopefully) flying out on Tuesday, I spoke with my Travel Agent last night and they can't advise on what to do until a decision comes from Air France, but either way I have protection, and that will either be moving the holiday or a full refund.

Mileto

We have absolutely no possibility to move the vacation. It is connected also this Paris visit, transport connections, I want not to think about all the stuff.  :'(

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP

Mileto

mr.flibble, I want to thank you for this information, I could check at my agent.
GOOD NEWS - we are flying with Air Bulgaria (FB), not Air France. Air France flight is 2 hours after our.
We fly back with Air france on 25.9, so we have to stay informed, if there is still a strike, we'll take the earlier FB flight.

I hope still that there is no strike at all. They have enough time till 15.9 to negotiate and that you can fly without problems. Fingers crossed!

mr.flibble

Thanks Mileto. Good news that your outbound flight will not be effected. Hopefully the call to strike is just that, and goes no further.

DLRP Roundup!

Air France regional will be affected.

If your flying on a CityJet Air France flight you'll be fine.

Air France Regional + HOP will be affected. Most of the country is CityJet, so wouldn't worry much.

Aberdeens usually affected but the rest of the UK should be good. As always double check with your airline.
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

captain rocket

This happened to me a couple of years ago when I was flying from Bristol, I had to bring my date forward by a day and rebook with Easyjet. I had to pay for an extra night which I got in the Santa Fe for £38!! When I double checked, the Air France flight flew as usual on both outbound and return flights! I got a full credit from Air France so it may not be as catastrophic as it seems. Good luck if you are travelling soon!

mr.flibble

Quote from: captain rocket on September 12, 2014, 10:11:25 AM
This happened to me a couple of years ago when I was flying from Bristol, I had to bring my date forward by a day and rebook with Easyjet. I had to pay for an extra night which I got in the Santa Fe for £38!! When I double checked, the Air France flight flew as usual on both outbound and return flights! I got a full credit from Air France so it may not be as catastrophic as it seems. Good luck if you are travelling soon!

I am thinking of doing something similar, did you do this via your travel agent or direct with Disney?

I have tried my travel agent and they responded by saying that we have booked a Disney package, therefore it is Disney's policy to not make any changes to our package until a final decision has been made regarding strike action.

I am just wondering whether to cut the middle man out and go straight to Disney. I don't even mind paying for an extra night.