Trip Report: September 7th - 10th **DAY THREE**

Started by itslizi, September 10, 2014, 11:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

itslizi

I've just got back from Disneyland Paris, and I expect my holiday blues to kick in nice and early tomorrow when I wake up and aren't in Disneyland any more.

I feel like I've missed a lot on this forum whilst I've been away, so I've got loads to catch up on and I've got a trip report to write up for you all.

Stay tuned.

Mileto

Hi, Itslizi, and welcome back!

You haven't missed much! There, where you come from, is the real happening. So we are waiting for you to tell us wonderful experiences.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

Disneypluto

Welcome back Itslizi..Can't wait to hear all about your magical time in disneyland paris :)

msRavenswood

Hello from the Cheyenne hotel lobby! Waiting for our shuttle bus to CDG to arrive and my post Disney blues have already kicked in! But, I'm more than grateful that we got the chance to visit DLP once again and have a wonderful time!

Mileto

Yohohohooo, MrsRavenswood!
We are waiting you back! Actually we want you there, but you know .....

Have a save flight!  :-*

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

msRavenswood

Quote from: Mileto on September 11, 2014, 03:43:02 PM
Yohohohooo, MrsRavenswood!
We are waiting you back! Actually we want you there, but you know .....

Have a save flight!  :-*

Thank you sweetie! I can't wait to share my news with you!

littlebitofpixiedust

Always sad when it's time to leave :( but look forward to hearing about your trip :) hope you enjoyed every magical moment!

stormflm595

Can't wait to hear all about your trip! My Disney blues also kicked in waiting for the shuttle to CDG haha! Actually the night before during Dreams...I sobbed so much! I hope you don't feel too sad, just think, there are more trips to plan! <3
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

Mrsya

My Disney blues started walking up Main Street on our way out! It's horrid isn't it? We'd booked our next trip within a fortnight! Takes away those blues nicely...  ::)

littlebitofpixiedust

Planning and booking the next trip always hits those Disney blues nicely  :)
Although I used to come back and book now I've got into this habit of booking prior to going lmao...
I already booked the December trip before our sept one that's coming up then I ended up booking for feb half term too. Ooops! How did that happen?   :-\
That's it for now I am skint. But it will be worth it!

jackieann

I still feel a liilte sad since going in April. I miss it. Even with our next trip in December booked. Cant wait to go back.

Disneypluto

I have been 14yrs away from Disneyland paris and i am just jumping at the bit here..Roll on next Oct :)

vampira

I know how you feel! I still have to go (October) and am already thinking about the day I have to go back home.  :(
But I hope you had a great time and I'd love to read your trip report!  ;)
"If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney"

itslizi

Day One
It was an early start as I was catching a train from Peterborough to London Kings Cross at 6:46 so I was awake at 5:30 and travelling to the train station by 5:45. I arrived at the station with plenty of time so we sat in the waiting room until the train came around to the platform ahead of the departure, so I jumped on at my first chance and got comfy. The journey to London was smooth and uneventful, I honestly had nothing to worry about.

When we arrived in London, we had some time to kill so walked over to the nearest McDonalds as my boyfriend, Chris wanted a McDonalds Breakfast. After which, we made our way over to London St Pancras though we still had a little while to wait until we could enter the departure lounge. The wait wasn't too dull as there was some campaigners in the station supporting #PetsToParis so there was a crowd of dogs to admire.

When we were able to check in, we did. The process didn't take that long as there wasn't any long queues as our train wasn't due to depart for another hour.  We had to present our tickets, go through security before proceeding through passport control, which was pretty simple although Chris got through passport control to then realise that he never picked his backpack up after security checks, so he had to run back and go back through passport control. The wait wasn't bad, especially  as we had wi-fi access which is always a plus. I picked up a couple of magazines from WHSmith as I needed something to do on the journey over to Disneyland Paris.

The journey dragged, which wasn't surprising. If you are excited about the destination you're travelling, the journey will go extremely slow. When we arrived in the Marne-Le-Vallee station, we jumped off the train and rushed over to Sequoia Lodge to beat the rush of people. We got to Sequoia Lodge by foot, by walking through Disney Village and around the lake and once we got there the queues at arrivals weren't that long. Luckily, our rooms were ready waiting for us so we took our luggage straight over to our room, in Yosemite Lodge.

Before we left our room for Disneyland Park, I changed my leggings for shorts as I definitely underestimated the weather and we walked back around the lake and through Disney Village, admiring the window displays along the way with a smile plastered on my face as I was so happy to have returned to the place where dreams come true.

The first walk down Main Street USA is always something that makes you come to the realisation that you've returned.

We began wandering around Frontierland but quickly decided against Big Thunder Mountain after we saw the queue time as we weren't in the mood to wait longer than 30 minutes so made our way over to Fantasyland via Adventureland. While wandering over, I noticed that Peter Pan and Wendy were doing a Meet and Greet in Adventureland. We didn't do any rides to begin with as we weren't feeling the long queue times, so I used this time to take a look in the shops on Main Street USA as I always like to see the range of items that are available before I commit to buying anything.

We made our way over to Phantom Manor as we noticed that it only had a small wait of five minutes. I'd only experience Phantom Manor once before, but I had no clue of the story behind the ride. That was until a couple of weeks before this trip, so it's nice to experience a ride again once you're aware of the story it tells. By the time we came out Phantom Manor, we decided to make our way over to a fast food restaurant that accepted our Pause Gourmande vouchers so we got rehydrate and had something to eat. Hakuna Matata is where we ended up, as they offered a refreshing drink along with a magnum caramel and nut ice cream bar which gave me a some energy to continue wandering around Frontierland, Adventureland, Fantasyland and Main Street USA, as for some reason I didn't enter the likes of Discoveryland, until it was time to find a place to watch Disney Magic on Parade from.

It was really weird to watch Disney Magic on Parade near the beginning of the route as I've only ever witnessed parades at the end, as always I fought my emotions as I saw each float go past.

As the parade continued its journey to Main Street USA, we raced around to Big Thunder Mountain by going through all the other lands, only to get there and be welcomed by some Cast Members at the entrance telling us that Big Thunder Mountain is closed. Our attempt to beat queues failed us, so we decided that we're were hungry enough to get some dinner so we made our way to Annette's Diner catching the end of the parade at the end of its journey as we exited the park.

We decided upon dining at Annette's Diner in the Disney Village as they served food in which I liked and I really wanted to experience what it had to offer. There wasn't a long queue when we entered and it wasn't long until we were seated. Our meal plan entitled us take advantage of the Hula Hoop Menu of a starter, a main course, a dessert accompanied with a drink, though our main course was a limited to a choice of 'The Mega' dishes or a 'Biggie Salad' and our dessert had to be either Annette's Brownie, The Cheesiest Choice of Cheesecake or a Deluxe Shake.

I ordered The Original Mega Burger which was a double burger with cheese, bacon, mushrooms, grilled onions and Annette's sauce along with a side order of Hash Brown Potato Sticks then for dessert I had a Strawberry and Oreo Deluxe Shake.

I was amazed with the portion size and all of the food was delicious, though I couldn't finish the shake as it would only cause more harm than good as I can't consume a lot of dairy products in a sitting. Either way, I left satisfied and was full for the rest of the day.

Whereas Chris went for a Double Rockabilly Burger  which was a double burger, cheese, bacon, fried onion and barbecue sauce along with a side order of Onion Rings then for dessert he had Annette's Brownie. Unfortunately he later regretted his decision of Annette's Brownie as he never realised it contained nuts which he doesn't like, though next time he'll read the menu properly.

We headed straight back to the hotel after dinner, as we were utterly tired and in need of a rest, though time flew by and I realised that it wasn't long until Disney Dreams! started so we raced back to the park as fast as we could. I can't believe we missed the beginning of Disney Dreams! but it was all our own fault. As we were late, we decided to watch Disney Dreams! from the end of Main Street USA which gave us a different view to what we had seen before. I couldn't help but shed a tear, I was so happy to be back. When Disney Dreams! ended we hurried out of the park again in hope to get away before we get stuck within a mass of people and once back at the hotel, it wasn't long until we were fast asleep.

itslizi

Quote from: Mileto on September 11, 2014, 07:02:51 AM
Hi, Itslizi, and welcome back!

You haven't missed much! There, where you come from, is the real happening. So we are waiting for you to tell us wonderful experiences.

It's nice to know, whatever I missed didn't compare to where I had been. I've added the first day while I write up the other days, though it may take a little longer than I hope.

Quote from: Disneypluto on September 11, 2014, 08:30:53 AM
Welcome back Itslizi..Can't wait to hear all about your magical time in disneyland paris :)

Thank you, it's nice to be able to share my time with people that give a damn.

Quote from: msRavenswood on September 11, 2014, 03:32:27 PM
Hello from the Cheyenne hotel lobby! Waiting for our shuttle bus to CDG to arrive and my post Disney blues have already kicked in! But, I'm more than grateful that we got the chance to visit DLP once again and have a wonderful time!

It really doesn't take long for Disney Blues to appear, I hope you had a magical time, just like I did.

Quote from: littlebitofpixiedust on September 11, 2014, 11:34:16 PM
Always sad when it's time to leave :( but look forward to hearing about your trip :) hope you enjoyed every magical moment!

Oh yes, it's even sadder when you don't know when you'll return again.

Quote from: stormflm595 on September 12, 2014, 03:56:20 PM
Can't wait to hear all about your trip! My Disney blues also kicked in waiting for the shuttle to CDG haha! Actually the night before during Dreams...I sobbed so much! I hope you don't feel too sad, just think, there are more trips to plan! <3

I may have shed a tear when watching Disney Magic on Parade for the last time, it was too much. Whilst there may be more trips in the future, I think it may be the distance future, unfortunately.

Quote from: Mrsya on September 12, 2014, 10:12:27 PM
My Disney blues started walking up Main Street on our way out! It's horrid isn't it? We'd booked our next trip within a fortnight! Takes away those blues nicely...  ::)

Oh boy, it's always hard to walk away from the park when you know you won't be returning that evening for Disney Dreams! or the next day. I doubt any trip will be booked any time soon, so I may not be so lucky.

Quote from: littlebitofpixiedust on September 12, 2014, 10:55:07 PM
Planning and booking the next trip always hits those Disney blues nicely  :)
Although I used to come back and book now I've got into this habit of booking prior to going lmao...
I already booked the December trip before our sept one that's coming up then I ended up booking for feb half term too. Ooops! How did that happen?   :-\
That's it for now I am skint. But it will be worth it!

Wow, that's crazy, though it's a good habit I just wish I had to money for multiple trips as I wouldn't complain about returning regularly.

Quote from: jackieann on September 13, 2014, 09:09:41 AM
I still feel a liilte sad since going in April. I miss it. Even with our next trip in December booked. Cant wait to go back.

I bet you can't wait, and you're returning when Christmas Season is in full swing. I think I'll have to visit during Christmas Season, I just must.

Quote from: Disneypluto on September 13, 2014, 09:25:34 AM
I have been 14yrs away from Disneyland paris and i am just jumping at the bit here..Roll on next Oct :)

Blimey, I bet you can't wait.

Quote from: vampira on September 13, 2014, 04:28:30 PM
I know how you feel! I still have to go (October) and am already thinking about the day I have to go back home.  :(
But I hope you had a great time and I'd love to read your trip report!  ;)

That's the thing, but you can't think about leaving until it's time to leave. I've added the first day of my Trip Report, and hopefully the other days will be published soon.