Duration of meal at Auberge

Started by c3po, September 08, 2014, 12:56:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c3po

We have Premium vouchers, so I'm considering booking a meal at Auberge on our next visit, and was wondering how long the meal typically lasts.
[size=85]1972 - Disneyland; 1974 - WDW; 1988 - Disneyland; 1996 - Disneyland; 1998 - Disneyland; 2000 - Disneyland; 2003 - WDW (Coronado Springs & Grosvenor Resort); 2009 - DLP (Newport Bay Club); October 2010 - DLP (Sequoia Lodge); October 2014 (Disneyland Hotel); September 2015 (Sequoia Lodge); March 2017 (Sequoia Lodge GF)

moonloo

You need to leave a comfortable couple of hours. No table restaurant meal in DLRP is a quick affair, and you need to allow long enough to see all princesses and mice too. I have eaten here twice and have had vastly different service.

First time meals were beautiful, service efficient and princesses and mice all visited within an hour of being seated, all in all we were probably in and out in an hour or not much more.
Second time, meals were not great, service was AWFUL (we were forgotten about entirely so tables around us who were seated after had already had their mains before we even got a waitress to take a drinks order)!!!! Obviously due to the terrible service the second time we were there probably 2.5 hours over all... but I doubt that kind of service is usual!!!
So I'd say allow 2 hours and enjoy the princesses, it really is magical in there!!!!

~sarahjayne~

We were there last week and out in just under 2 hours. Service and food was excellent x

c3po

Thanks for your replies. I had been guessing around 2 hours. I'll call tomorrow.
[size=85]1972 - Disneyland; 1974 - WDW; 1988 - Disneyland; 1996 - Disneyland; 1998 - Disneyland; 2000 - Disneyland; 2003 - WDW (Coronado Springs & Grosvenor Resort); 2009 - DLP (Newport Bay Club); October 2010 - DLP (Sequoia Lodge); October 2014 (Disneyland Hotel); September 2015 (Sequoia Lodge); March 2017 (Sequoia Lodge GF)

never2old

Quote from: moonloo on September 08, 2014, 01:08:08 PM
You need to leave a comfortable couple of hours. No table restaurant meal in DLRP is a quick affair, and you need to allow long enough to see all princesses and mice too. I have eaten here twice and have had vastly different service.

Ah, only in DLP we pay to go and see mice in a restaurant  ;) ;D

DisneyRon

I'm curious to see if the restaurant service is the same as it was last time I was in DLP.
I see everyone mentioning that it takes a lot of time, but my last visit in 2012 the service was lightning quick.

Generally speaking I was in and out of a Table Service restaurant in under an hour for a 3-course meal.
That was in late September and the park was fairly quiet, I'm actually assuming it'll be similar this time, as it once again is September and it's outside all European holiday periods. :)

moonloo

minnieme

We were there 2 weeks ago. The whole experience took about 2and 1/4 hours. We were seated right next to the entrance, couldn't miss us. We were forgotten about and had to request someone to clear our table. The children were fed up etc..... But I would do it again without second thought. The food was amazing - pumpkin soup to start. Was lovely. The princesses and Mice were wonderful. They spent a lot of time at each table and as the girls in our group were dressed as Jasmine, Belle taught them how to pose like Jasmine. They loved it. Highly recommend.

April 2011 & June 2012 Hotel New York
May 2013 Disneyland Hotel
Aug 2014 Disney Magic Med cruise
Aug 2014 Disneyland Hotel
May 2015 Disneyland Hotel

sewpollyesther