new visitor questions

Started by thehitpack, September 07, 2014, 04:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thehitpack

what is the latest time one can check in and whats the earliest.

Do they close the resort off?

stormflm595

I believe the earliest you can check in is at 3pm. Not sure about the latest, the latest I've ever done is at around 8:30pm but I would imagine they'd accomodate for late arrivals and have someone always manning check in overnight? Best to email and ask =)

I'm not sure on your second question...what context do you mean in closing the resort of? Do you mean the hotel when it reaches full capacity...or the parks at full capacity? Or in general. Disney is open 365 days a year, including Christmas Day, if that's what you mean.
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

DisneyRon

Check in can probably be done well before 3pm, however your room may not be ready yet.
You'll be able to drop your luggage off into storage, and pick up your tickets for the park.
Best way to make sure is to call guest services and ask them. :D

bad-pink-tink

You can check in at the hotels at any time BUT your room may not be available until 2 or 3 pm.  You can arrive at your hotel say 9 am, and you will get your park tickets for the day, your breakfast coupons etc. You can then put your luggage in the luggage store and head into the park. When you return to your hotel in the afternoon or evening, you will then get your room key and you just collect your luggage and go to your room :)

The park and the village are separate. The restaurants and bars in the village usually stay open until around midnight, where as the park closes alot earlier. The village and hotel complexes are open to the general public, so even if you arrive late for example 11 pm, you can still go into the village.

If you arriving late, for example after 6 pm, I would contact the hotel and let them know you will have a late check in. I have done this at other hotels, not at DLP but I'm sure they wont have a problem. This year I arrived at my hotel  at half past midnight and there was no problem, as I had contacted the hotel before and told them my flight only landed at 11.30 pm. Hotels just need to know about late check ins as they usually have a cut off time for no shows. If you don't contact them about late check in you could lose your room as the hotel will think you are a no show.

The only thing about arriving late at Disney is that you have lost a day in the park, as your park tickets start on your check in date.
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

norhel

Quote from: bad-pink-tink on September 07, 2014, 04:39:25 PM
You can check in at the hotels at any time BUT your room may not be available until 2 or 3 pm.  You can arrive at your hotel say 9 am, and you will get your park tickets for the day, your breakfast coupons etc. You can then put your luggage in the luggage store and head into the park. When you return to your hotel in the afternoon or evening, you will then get your room key and you just collect your luggage and go to your room :)

The park and the village are separate. The restaurants and bars in the village usually stay open until around midnight, where as the park closes alot earlier. The village and hotel complexes are open to the general public, so even if you arrive late for example 11 pm, you can still go into the village.

If you arriving late, for example after 6 pm, I would contact the hotel and let them know you will have a late check in. I have done this at other hotels, not at DLP but I'm sure they wont have a problem. This year I arrived at my hotel  at half past midnight and there was no problem, as I had contacted the hotel before and told them my flight only landed at 11.30 pm. Hotels just need to know about late check ins as they usually have a cut off time for no shows. If you don't contact them about late check in you could lose your room as the hotel will think you are a no show.

The only thing about arriving late at Disney is that you have lost a day in the park, as your park tickets start on your check in date.

Second that.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California