Swords in the Parks

Started by Magic M, August 28, 2014, 06:01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magic M

This Halloween I intend to wear the suit of armour I wore for my wedding - yes I know!!

I was wondering what the rules were about Swords in the park.  I know that plastic swords can be purchased in Fantasyland, but would I be allowed to bring in my own foam rubber latex LARP sword?

Any help?  Thanks!

Magic Martin

michellemumof2xx

As far as I know, only children are allowed to dress up, I dont think adults can, Michelle
First trip ever HNY 15th Feb 2014
Second trip to HNY 17th Feb 2015!!!

polar vixen

I've heard this allot but in our last visit saw numerous adults dressed up mostly women in super sorry t princess dresses suo I'm not sure what the standard is :-\

DisneyRon

It's probably easiest to give Guest Relations a call and ask, as I have no idea what Security will think of Cosplay / Convention weaponry, as it's usually utterly harmless but looks far more dangerous.

twentythingamabobs

We always dress up in scary costumes for the Halloween Party - last year, my fiancé went as a pirate with a plastic sword and no one batted an eye 

nathalie

It's true, you can't dress up when you're older then 12, but when you go to the Halloween soirée, you can if you're over 12  ;)

There are rules, such as your face cannot be covered.
I have the pamflet from last year with the rules on it, right here with me.

It's a shame that CM's did not enforce the rule, because even though it's Halloween, some did have their faces covered and were scary as hell!

polar vixen

I think it'sa shame this isn't generally enforced. Last year we saw a number off people wearing t-shirts that weren't appropriate really in front of kids- with swear Words on Or even one with sex positions! I can't understand why some one would wear that to a family friendly resort!

itslizi

Quote from: polar vixen on August 29, 2014, 12:56:01 PM
I think it'sa shame this isn't generally enforced. Last year we saw a number off people wearing t-shirts that weren't appropriate really in front of kids- with swear Words on Or even one with sex positions! I can't understand why some one would wear that to a family friendly resort!

Are you kidding, I don't get some people, you're going to a family resort and you wear clothing with inappropriate graphics.

I got told off last year by a Cast Member in Fantasyland as my shorts were too short however I had just sat down and they rose up. I was so conscious I went back to the hotel and changed.

My friends at University last year joked that they want to come to Disneyland Paris and just get drunk, just them speculating the idea annoyed me. It's a family resort, why would you think that would be fun when it's primarily a place for children.