Disney - Christmas 2015

Started by benjylovesu2, August 22, 2014, 02:54:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

benjylovesu2

Hey guys,

Looking at disneyland paris with the family and have been trying to get a price, on the disneyland website, it is not allowing you to add on meal vouchers to the booking, does anyone know why this would be or do you do it at a different point now :)

Also we are looking at going over christmas as in 23rd dec to 27th dec. How busy is it likely to be? do they do anything special on these days? also is the christmas day special dinner worth it?

thanks

ben
Where dreams really do come true

msRavenswood

The meal options are available if you try to book a different date. I don't know why it doesn't allow you to add meals during the Christmas holidays. Why don't you give Disney a call to find out?

Livvipivvi

Hiya,

I don't think they offer the usual meal plans over Christmas because they have special meals organised that have to be booked individually. I think it's a bit of a nuisance to be honest and can't see why they can't still offer some sort of meal packages, that either do or don't include the "special" meals, so people can book to suit their needs.

Here's the info regarding the Christmas meals off the Disney website. You have to phone and book them if my memory serves me. Hope this helps http://www.disneylandparis.co.uk/seasons-and-events/disney-christmas-meals.html  :D

Edit....sorry I just noticed that there's no prices on that link. I definitely saw them somewhere recently, but I can't remember where. I'll have a look in the brochure now, in case the prices were in it. If not, maybe someone else will be along soon and will know where to find them.

Has Disney blues after our first visit 25/05/14-29/05/14 (Hotel New York). Going back 19/12/14, flights and DLH booked! Yepppyyy!!!!

benjylovesu2

Thanks for the replies so far, Yeah I phoned disney and they said that they dont do meal vouchers over the christmas period. I dont see why not! It seems silly!

I have another question with the hotels we are looking at new york, newport bay and sequior lodge. What is the difference between New port bay and the admirals floor what are the benefits of it. The same with sequior lodge and golden forest club.

I hope you can help. Also is worth the extra money.

Thanks

norhel

Quote from: benjylovesu2 on August 24, 2014, 01:33:29 PM
Thanks for the replies so far, Yeah I phoned disney and they said that they dont do meal vouchers over the christmas period. I dont see why not! It seems silly!

Thanks

I'm thinking that it not necessarily silly. It can simply be that DLP has a very high room factor over the Christmas period, that they don't need the vouchers. Just my 2 cents :-)
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

gemma2806

My personal opinion, don't stay at the Newport Bay as it is undergoing refurbishment all over the hotel and this isn't likely to be completed until the end of 2015.

New York is about 5 mins closer to the parks than the Sequoia Lodge but both are fantastic locations. I have never stayed in the New York but have looked round and would like to stay in the future.

My personal favourite is the Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest Club and personally for only about £100 less than the New York I feel you get more value for money (This is based on a lake view room in both hotels).

Both hotels offer you a hot breakfast as well as continental options, both have excellent swimming pools and amenities.

For extra value at the Sequoia you get a Hotel FP each day which means you can go to the front of the queue of some of the busiest rides once a day. You also get all soft drinks included in your price, you can take their bottled pop with you to the parks which saves a small fortune! You get a quieter lounge area exclusive to GFC guests and also a breakfast room. You get a private reception desk and bell hop service. You get towel hire at the pool included in the price. There is a pastry buffet included every day between 4 and 6pm.

Hope this is of some help to you   :D

benjylovesu2

Thanks for the replys. Another question does anyone know when the next Disney offer will be. Like money off or meals free that sort of thing :) thank you xx

gemma2806

If you use the UK site I would definitely book NOW!

They have the 2 days and 2 nights free offer on till the end of September and trust me I've worked out pretty much every scenario and you won't get a better offer than that. It works out a much better offer than free meal plans or 30% off the hotel prices.

Try to start your stay on any day Sunday to Thursday as it works out cheaper than if you start your stay on a Friday or Saturday and by cheaper I mean a LOT cheaper! Also I've found it costs the same to stay for 4nts on this offer as it does for 3nts so I'd definitely choose the longer stay.

:D

benjylovesu2

Thanks Gemma!

Well we are still looking into it, as we are not going till next christmas we cant book anything yet as the dates are not available. So we need to wait to see what other offers come up, be nice to have a 50% flash sale around the time the dates are released :)

So can anyone say when the details of christmas this year will be released. I always like hearing whats going on :)

Any other hints and tips people have about christmas especially actually over christmas for example 23rd to 27th december we would really appreciate it :)

gemma2806

Sorry I misread that I thought you were looking at this year!

The dates should be available to book from the end of October this year. I've been waiting patiently as I want to book for November next year.

My advice would be (I spend a lot of time doing this to find the best deal!) price up a stay for this year based on the different offers on at the moment and make a note of it. Then as new offers come out price those up and compare them all. Sometimes a 50% Flash sale may seem fantastic but Disney tend to increase the prices over this time so although on face value it might seem a good deal, sometimes the other deals are actually better value for money.