Anyone swapped their meal vouchers?

Started by Queen Elsa, August 20, 2014, 08:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queen Elsa

Just been reading up on menus and trying to decide where to eat when we go to Disney! I came across this:

Using Meal Plan vouchers

Want to dine at a Disney restaurant which isn't included in your chosen plan? No problem — you can exchange your Meal Plan vouchers for their cash value, in Euros (printed on the vouchers), when you pay, meaning you don't lose a cent.

Has anybody done this? I ask because I love the Rainforest Cafe and wondering if it's possible to do it here?

Thanks in advance 😁

Queen Elsa

Also, does anyone know what the vouchers monetary value is? We have the full board plan xx

msRavenswood

Vouchers can be used for their face value in all Disney-operated restaurants at Disneyland Paris. This excludes McDonald's, Planet Hollywood, Rainforest Cafe, King Ludwig's Castle and Starbucks Coffee.

The.vouchers' face value depends on which hotel you're staying at.

Queen Elsa

Quote from: msRavenswood on August 20, 2014, 09:03:10 PM
Vouchers can be used for their face value in all Disney-operated restaurants at Disneyland Paris. This excludes McDonald's, Planet Hollywood, Rainforest Cafe, King Ludwig's Castle and Starbucks Coffee.

The.vouchers' face value depends on which hotel you're staying at.

This is what I thought but I found this information on here along with the dining plan details?

Using Meal Plan vouchers

Want to dine at a Disney restaurant which isn't included in your chosen plan? No problem — you can exchange your Meal Plan vouchers for their cash value, in Euros (printed on the vouchers), when you pay, meaning you don't lose a cent.

We have the full board plus package and are staying at the New York

DisneyRon

McDonald's, Planet Hollywood, Rainforest Cafe, King Ludwig's Castle and Starbucks Coffee aren't owned, operated or staffed by Disney, they're franchises of their respective chains, and as such do not accept the Disney Vouchers. :)

As for the value of the vouchers, that's not easy to find information on, I've found some, but it is likely outdated and will most likely have been adjusted (generally upwards).

The information I found was valid until March 2013, so it's from more 18 months ago, but it should give you an indication. The value given is for Full Board Plus vouchers.

adult € 56 (approximately £44,75)
child € 25 (approximately £19,98)

Queen Elsa

Quote from: DisneyRon on August 20, 2014, 10:26:17 PM
McDonald's, Planet Hollywood, Rainforest Cafe, King Ludwig's Castle and Starbucks Coffee aren't owned, operated or staffed by Disney, they're franchises of their respective chains, and as such do not accept the Disney Vouchers. :)

As for the value of the vouchers, that's not easy to find information on, I've found some, but it is likely outdated and will most likely have been adjusted (generally upwards).

The information I found was valid until March 2013, so it's from more 18 months ago, but it should give you an indication. The value given is for Full Board Plus vouchers.

adult € 56 (approximately £44,75)
child € 25 (approximately £19,98)

Thanks DisneyRon

I am guessing what they mean by the information I found is for if you have the budget plan! Didn't think about that! Haha. Not that it's a problem as there are so many restaurants to choose from! Just want to get everything right in my head before we go so we know what we are doing as we have a 13 month old and a 3 year old x

msRavenswood

There's a brochure on the official website with all the information about the parks and services.

The value for the Full Board Plus vouchers is £47 (€ 58) for adults and £23 (€ 28) for children (3-11 years old).