Disney-Pixar Studios?

Started by Kristof, March 13, 2007, 03:31:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Rumours go that Disney-MGM Studios at Walt Disney World will be renamed to Disney-Pixar Studios when Toy Story Mania opens.  Do you think WDS should be renamed too?   :?:

Riebi

No I like the "Walt Disney Studios"-name.
And I don´t like double-barrelled names like Disney-Pixar. Let the studios the old name in honour of Walt :D
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Anthony

Put simply - no.  Walt Disney Studios (Park) is perfect, and the added "Walt" instantly takes it a step up.

I also think Disney-MGM shouldn't be renamed to that, I love Pixar and all but they've released what, 6 films?  And that park features how many attractions based on those films?  Errrrm....  It'd make more sense renaming Magic Kingdom to Pixar Kingdom.

Luckily I think DLRP are done with name changes now, probably forever.

Kristof

I agree with all of you, plus Europeans aren't really connected to the Pixar brand.  They just see any animated movie as a Disney movie.

Soap

Pixar is a great company, but not in the Park's name, the addition of "Walt" thou would be a magical extra!
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Dlrpfan

no way it looses its disney fell to the nameitss like "im off to disney pixar studios today how about you" insted of " im of to MGM today"
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Owain

MGM Studios is much better than Disney Pixar and no Walt Disney Studios is one of the best names for a Disney Park or probably is the the best name for a Disney Park.  :)

Anthony

What if they named Disney-MGM to Walt Disney Studios Florida?  It's fairly unlikely, but it's possible...  I think, in respect of the original theme and its history, they should name it "Disney's Hollywoodland" or something.  It should have Hollywood in the title.

For Paris, I like that ours is Walt Disney Studios made up of several different studio areas - Hollywood, Toon, Backlot.  It's like the lands of DL but movie genres/themes instead of storybooks.

Disney-Pixar Studios would also confuse people because of Toon Studio.

DisneyParksFan

Being here in the States, there are the two possible titles that seem to be leading the list. First is the Disney-Pixar one and the other, and in my thinking will be the new title, is simply Disney Studios.

Disney Studios because...the Disney planning guides on paper and TV have been calling the park 'Disney Studios' without 'MGM' in the title for years now since I believe the park's name was supposed to change two years ago. They are now on a 'grace period' with the name...if I got that right.

~DisneyParksFan

Riebi

What´s the fav from the US-viewpoint?
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

DisneyParksFan

Personally, I like the Disney Stuidos idea and out of the two many others appeal to that title over the other. Everybody thinks the Pixar attractions are getting out of control.
But...
I've heard that they are now working with the title Disney/Pixar Studios. This title is becoming more likely the new park's name everyday.

With the opening of Midway Mania next year, rumors are that they are going to send DCA's Block Party Bash over to the studios park in Florida, meaning the Stars and Motors Cars parade could go to Walt Disney Studios in at DLRP.
Another hint towards Disney/Pixar Studios...

~DisneyParksFan

Patrick

Quote from: "DisneyParksFan"Personally, I like the Disney Stuidos idea and out of the two many others appeal to that title over the other. Everybody thinks the Pixar attractions are getting out of control.
But...
I've heard that they are now working with the title Disney/Pixar Studios. This title is becoming more likely the new park's name everyday.

With the opening of Midway Mania next year, rumors are that they are going to send DCA's Block Party Bash over to the studios park in Florida, meaning the Stars and Motors Cars parade could go to Walt Disney Studios in at DLRP.
Another hint towards Disney/Pixar Studios...

~DisneyParksFan

Yes was that not already mentioned in the motor cars and stars parade topic?  It was on the miceage update.

DisneyParksFan

^^  Yes, just connecting pieces :)

I would much rather have it be titled Disney Studios since not that much in the park has to do with Pixar...yet.
Well, there is the possible Block Party Bash that Al Lutz reported, there's the upcoming Midway Mania, and there's already the Pizza Planet style piza place and Al's Toy Barn places based on parts from the Toy Story movies.

Maybe there's more to do with Pixar coming soon to balance out the title and allow it to become more true. Maybe something from the Incredibles? I'm suprised they didnt want to put the MI Comedy Show at the Studios park.

~DisneyParksFan