Daughters name wrong on booking.

Started by Shall80, August 04, 2014, 12:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shall80

Morning all,

Can any body advise if the above matters?

Booked at SL and have just gone through my booking letter (only glanced at it when I had it emailed through a few days ago) and they've spelt my daughters name 'Edich' and not Edith.

Do I need to contact them or is it really not that important...Not booked any travel with them.

Thanks  :D Xx

DisneyRon

Can't say that I have any experience, but it is always better to just contact them and have it corrected, rather than facing the potential hassle should it turn out to be an issue. :) Better safe than sorry I'd say.

SUTHEL3

Does your booking include flights? If so, you will need to change it as they won't let your daughter on the plane if the name is incorrect against her passport. If it's just the hotel, it shouldn't be a problem as noone asks your name/checks. They just ask for the main booking name when checking in etc.

If you are changing the name, they may try to charge a fee. Your telephone call should have been recorded, so ask them to listen to it and they (hopefully) will realise you spelt it out/said it, and they misheard.  That's what happened to me, and they waived the charge to change things as it was their fault.

:) xx

msRavenswood

Everytime we check-in at the hotel the concierge asks just for my husband's passport because we make reservations under his name, so I don't think there will be an issue with the misspelling. But to be safe, give them a call and let them know.

DisneyMichelle

The same thing happened with my friends little boy when i booked our trip. But i called them and they changed it within minutes and email out a new confirmation letter. Its real easy to change.
I was once told to have a happy place in your mind for when times get hard. Disneyland Paris is my happy place. :)

norhel

I would say call them, so you are safe.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

gemma2806

This happened with my son but it was only an issue if the name on his passport was different than the name on the flight ticket. As it happened the flight name was the same as his passport and the hotel spelling was different and this didn't matter at all.