DH Hotel prices & Buffalo Bills @ Christmas

Started by Livvipivvi, August 03, 2014, 03:19:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Livvipivvi

Hi all,

I'm planning to visit DLP 19th-23rd December this year. I've not booked yet, as I'm not sure if the current price is the best I'm gonna get.

There's 4 of us, 3 adults (dd is 13  :'() and dd2 who's 7.  As it's a Christmas surprise I'm looking at the pink hotel, and as I know we will want to character dine every night I think it's going to be better value to get the premium meal plan.

Based on those options it's currently £2220.50 for the classic room + dining and £2382.50 for the classic room with a terrace. Is the terrace worth £162 more? Does paying more give you a better chance of getting a view of main street?

The offer I'm getting at the moment is 2 days and nights free. No free child or dining. The current offer up to November includes a free child and a free meal plan along with a % off. Do you think there's much chance of this being extended? If you have ever been or got prices for the dates just before Christmas, what did it cost?

We went to buffalo bills last time we went, so we've seen the show, but does it change a bit for the Christmas season? We had an amazing evening last time, so if it's got a bit of a Christmas theme, I think it would be a crime to miss it  ;D

Sorry for all the questions, lol.

Thank you in advance to anyone who replies  :D

Has Disney blues after our first visit 25/05/14-29/05/14 (Hotel New York). Going back 19/12/14, flights and DLH booked! Yepppyyy!!!!

gemma2806

I've also been doing some calculating but thinking about going November next year.

It appears that the nights and days free offer is better value than the free child places and dining plans offer.

I'm also looking at staying at the Disneyland hotel. My personal advice would be not to bother with the terrace room as it would be great to sit out during the warmer months but I wouldn't fancy sitting out in the middle of winter so you'd actually be paying for an extra that you're not really likely to use at this time of year. If you are hoping for a Main Street view I'd just put in a special request and ask if possible if your room could have this type of view.

In terms of cost have you considered splitting your stay between hotels? It may not be practical for you but as my family will be going for a longer holiday, it has worked out much cheaper to spend 6 nights in the Golden Forest club at the Sequoia Lodge hotel and 5 nights at the Disneyland Hotel than it did to spend the full 11 nights at the Golden Forest Club.

Hope this helps  :D

seraphelle

Quote from: gemma2806 on August 03, 2014, 05:06:24 PM

In terms of cost have you considered splitting your stay between hotels? It may not be practical for you but as my family will be going for a longer holiday, it has worked out much cheaper to spend 6 nights in the Golden Forest club at the Sequoia Lodge hotel and 5 nights at the Disneyland Hotel than it did to spend the full 11 nights at the Golden Forest Club.

Hope this helps  :D

We are currently thinking about Christmas 2015 or even 2016, but would never have thought of splitting hotels during the stay! Thanks very much for this tip will add it to my 'check this before booking' list  :)
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019