autograph pens

Started by nattylou, July 30, 2014, 08:56:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nattylou

We are arriving on Friday morning, and have made a last minute decision to get autograph books for the kids. The only shopping i was doing today was for diesel, so am wondering if as well as the autograph books, can we also buy autograph pens in Disney? I know they have to be bigger than normal for the characters to use.

michellemumof2xx

Yes you can :) we got 2 pink princess pens for €2.99 each. Nothing fancy, just a princess pen but my 2 were made up with them. You could get fancier ones that were more expensive but I dont remember the detail or price, sorry, hope this helps  :)
First trip ever HNY 15th Feb 2014
Second trip to HNY 17th Feb 2015!!!

michellemumof2xx

Just remembered, these are quite chunky for the characters! We got ours in world of disney, just as your leaving the village, opposite train station and before you enter thr park. Im sure you can get them in other shops too :)
First trip ever HNY 15th Feb 2014
Second trip to HNY 17th Feb 2015!!!

gemma2806

We've always bought the thicker ones from the shops at Disney and they stock them in pretty much all the shops but I do have one word of warning!

My son has done autograph collecting for the last couple of years and for some reason (unless it's just bad luck on our part!) his pens have always stopped working after a bit and the characters have trouble with them. I was advised to buy a Sharpie pen from home as they are bigger than normal pens and they won't stop working on you!

hannabdav

Quote from: gemma2806 on July 30, 2014, 03:35:45 PM
We've always bought the thicker ones from the shops at Disney and they stock them in pretty much all the shops but I do have one word of warning!

My son has done autograph collecting for the last couple of years and for some reason (unless it's just bad luck on our part!) his pens have always stopped working after a bit and the characters have trouble with them. I was advised to buy a Sharpie pen from home as they are bigger than normal pens and they won't stop working on you!

Great advice thanks Gemma!! I will do just that!!!xx
Very excited!

First trip to Disney for our honeymoon August 2014!!!!

daddyof2

While sharpies ARE great, they're not cheap so you could always just find some normal bullet tip chunky markers - that's what my wife did (2 for £1 from Tesco apparently - though other supermarkets are available)

Aurora1

happend to us, the pens not working after a while. When my daughter was younger, she loved those pens with princessess or whoever was on it! So in case of them not working, I just kept spare ones in my purse or backpack, to be on the safe side!

A&S&O

We've used Sharpies for the last few years - autograph is realy clear and doesn't fade.

We used to use biros (the only things we had handy) but they often failed to write, were pale and generally not very good.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

hannabdav

Asda have loads of sharpies in stick, a pack of 4 is £2 and then they are 2 packs for £3.  They do they in varying colour packs so I got the bog standard blue, black, red and green and ten a pack with purple, pink, pastel green and pastel blue!!! All for £3!
Very excited!

First trip to Disney for our honeymoon August 2014!!!!