missed shuttle to kyriad

Started by mary, July 16, 2014, 11:08:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mary

I understand that the shuttle bus to the Kyriad hotel stops at midnight. Has anyone missed the last shuttle and had to make their own way to the hotel.  I am only there for 1 night and I dont want to miss the finale at 11pm  but I am concerned that everyone will want to use the shuttle at the same time.  I would be grateful for any advice on how else to get to the Kyriad if we fail to make the shuttle.  Thanks

LotsoHugginBear

If you'll miss the last shuttle you have to walk (around 20 minutes) or pay for a taxi.

vampira

I haven't been to Kyriad, but we missed our shuttle to the Hipark last year. We had to take a taxi (or walk, but we were too tired to walk). We got to share a tax with some other people since we weren't the only ones missing the shuttle.
"If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney"

captain rocket

I stay at the Kyriad regularly and my tactics are.
1 Stand at the back of the crowd for Dreams.
2. leg it as soon  as the final crescendo builds.
3. Don't be English and queue properly, get your elbows working and behave like most Europeans (and more English these days do!)  and get on that bus!
There always seems to be a large number of people at the bus stop, but somehow most seem to get on the bus. I think they lay on an extra bus late at night to cope.
Worst case scenario, walk! it takes about 20/25 minutes so its no disaster.
Having said all of that enjoy your visit and don't fret in advance about that bus!

mary

Thanks for all the advice.    I have walked to Santa Fe and Cheyenne, would you use this route to Kyriad?  I dont have much sense of direction so if anyone has idiot guidelines I would very much appreciate it.

glenn

Walk to the Santa Fe,then walk to the esso garage onto the road,you can see the group of hotels from there.
I walked it once when I stayed at the explorers hotel and it wasn't,t as bad as I thought is was going to be.