Splash Mountain is missing at DLP!

Started by Ole Vidar, November 03, 2010, 02:44:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thaliel

IF splash mountain would be in DLP, I think it would do best in Adventureland, with maybe a maya/jungle theme based on The Emperor's New Groove
<-Plz click

PrincessA

Quote from: Fever on September 06, 2014, 03:29:39 PM
Having just got back from the parks, I totally agree about the upkeep. Having been going often since 1994, it was painful to see tons of ride effects broken, missing, un-animated, or lights out all over the place. The need some attention, and I can only assume upgrading so many attractions over the coming years is due to those issues.

In regards to Splash, if they needed a new story, there's plenty to choose from (Pocahontas I think being the most obvious), I simply don't buy this weather excuse. Almost every theme park in Europe and certainly in rainy England have water rides. If anything it's purely down to Splash being a huge and costly attraction.

As it stands, the land waiting for splash and it's ghostly theatre are just dead. Seems like such a waste as no one heads beyond Big Thunder's Fastpass line

A Pocahontas theme would be absolutely brilliant. I adore Pocahontas, she is truly an under appreciated princess!

RockNRoller

This may be controversial but I don't feel DLP is missing Splash Mountain ::) . It's not a story we are familiar with in Europe, the whole Briar family are not current characters and although I have to say the ride footage looks fantastically detailed I would much rather a DLP unique ride.
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

Andybear

Quote from: RockNRoller on September 09, 2014, 01:06:46 PM
This may be controversial but I don't feel DLP is missing Splash Mountain ::) . It's not a story we are familiar with in Europe, the whole Briar family are not current characters and although I have to say the ride footage looks fantastically detailed I would much rather a DLP unique ride.

I live in the UK and am very familiar with Brer Rabbit and the others, I loved the stories when I was a kid.  Also the film 'Song of the South'.

Anyway Splash Mountain in DLP doesn't have to be about that.  I'm sure they could think of another story to put with it.

RockNRoller

Quote from: Andybear on September 09, 2014, 02:33:00 PM
I live in the UK and am very familiar with Brer Rabbit and the others, I loved the stories when I was a kid.  Also the film 'Song of the South'.
Anyway Splash Mountain in DLP doesn't have to be about that.  I'm sure they could think of another story to put with it.

With you on that, I grew up with Brer rabbit and family but that was 40 years ago and I don't think the characters have endured like some of the other old Disney characters. I'd like a Splash Mountain style ride but give it a different background as suggested elsewhere
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

DisneyRon

I'll admit that I've never seen Song of the South, but Brer Rabbit (or Broer Konijn in Dutch) is very popular here, and he has a very regular presence in the weekly Donald Duck magazine. :) Would be fun to see him in DLP some time. :D

DisneyfanGermany

I think, it's not Splash Mountain is missing there. It is any water attraction, because we don't really have a water attraction there (let's so not count aporates and Small world...)
The best for such an attraction would be Frontierland / Adventureland.

Imagineers are creative enough, they could find a great solution for it, Splash Mountain or another water attraction.
Disneyland Paris: 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 (Jan.), 2014 (March), 2014 (July), 2014 (Oct.), 2015 (Jan.)
Walt Disney World: 2004
Hong Kong Disneyland: 2014 (April)

future visits: Walt Disney World (July 2015)

Instagram: marc_leder
Instagram: disneyland_paris_photos

other theme park visits: Universal Singapore, Movie Park Germany, Legoland Germany, Fort Fun, and many others!

Andybear

Quote from: RockNRoller on September 09, 2014, 05:07:13 PM
Quote from: Andybear on September 09, 2014, 02:33:00 PM

With you on that, I grew up with Brer rabbit and family but that was 40 years ago and I don't think the characters have endured like some of the other old Disney characters. I'd like a Splash Mountain style ride but give it a different background as suggested elsewhere

I agree, which is why I said in my response that it could be about something else  :D