Air France - any food restrictions in hold luggage?

Started by Lucyloo, July 14, 2014, 11:33:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucyloo

Hi All,

We're all booked up to fly to Disney next March.  To save money I want to bring as many snacks as possible with me and just wondered if there were any restrictions as to what you can carry in your suitcases, and do you have to declare that you have food / drinks in your case?  I plan to take items such as:  Teas / coffee / biscuits / flapjacks / grab packs of cheerios, crisps, individually wrapped brioche / pastries e.t.c  I'm sure you get the idea.

Many Thanks x

Rapunzel1

No problem. You can take food with you. Drinks are fine too but I always worry that something will break or damage causing everything to be wet.

michellemumof2xx

Hi, we flew with flybe who work with air france in feb this year and are due to fly with air france next feb on our 2nd trip here.

we packed mini cheddars, cereal bars, selection boxes left from christmas and capri sun juice drinks with no problems.

to make sure the drinks didnt pop or leak, we froze them and packed them in a small cool bag and wrapped it up in a towel and it was fine. Only problem was it was quite weighty, so this time I will do the same but split them in to 2 suitcases.

This also meant in our way home whe  we had eaten and drunk the snacks, we had more room for presents in our suitcases!!

Drinks were pretty much defrosted when we arrived at the hotel and they were good for in the room and to take into the parks.

Michelle
First trip ever HNY 15th Feb 2014
Second trip to HNY 17th Feb 2015!!!

Lucyloo

Great, thanks for that.

For the drinks side of things, I was planning on taking those new robinson's squash'd things, so we can fill up from water fountains in the park, and squirt in a bit of juice to taste.  Like you say, drinks can be pretty heavy in the luggage.

x

michellemumof2xx

Oh yeah I've seen them, I didnt see them before we went though, so they must be a recent thing. Taking them sounds great then :) which hotel are you staying in? If u want to buy a bottle of water quite cheap, we found the arcade in hotel new york did a big bottle (at least a litre) of water for around €2, where in the park it was about €3.50, so if you were buying a few, it would be cheaper there, then u cud fill up in the park :) michelle
First trip ever HNY 15th Feb 2014
Second trip to HNY 17th Feb 2015!!!

Lucyloo

We're staying at Sequoia in Golden Forest so I'm hoping most of our 'refreshments' can be found in the lounge.  Hopefully then we'll only need a couple of bottles initially then keep re-filling them each day,

Thanks x

gemma2806

In terms of your drinks in the GFC at Sequoia you'll be sorted for the holiday! You can take as many drinks as you want each day to the parks so we loaded up each day with bottled water and cans of pops. You get the pastry buffet in the afternoon but I'd definitely take extra snacks to save on the cost. If you've gone on a meal plan though remember that you get an afternoon snack and drink included in the price everyday for use in the parks.

I fly Air France and before staying in GFC I used to take snacks and drinks in the hold luggage. I actually never thought to freeze the squash before I went as it would have saved me worrying about spillage! Fortunately nothing leaked though  :D