New Century Notions - Flora's Unique Boutique

Started by Kristof, July 08, 2014, 09:36:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

As you know, Town Square Photography's interior has closed to be replaced by New Century Notions - Flora's Unique Boutique, a shop that will sell Paris-themed merchandise.

2 weeks ago a door in the construction fence stood wide open during the day, revealing the upcoming shop sign.

[attachment deleted by admin]

msRavenswood

StarGazer

That logo sure does look nice. I hope the shop opens soon, I'm excited to see it!  :)
♫ S-U-G-A-R, jump into your racing car, it's a sugar rush! ♫

jeakat24

I like it. The colours are lovely and will obviously fit in nicely with the rest of Main Street. I'm going to miss the photography shop though.
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

Rocketeer

^It's sad sign of the times  when 'modern technology' on a turn-of-the-last-century themed street becomes obsolete. ;)

I like the sound of the new store though. Although I'm a bit wary on what will become of Lillian's. Silly really as its only a store that bears the name of Mrs. Disney, and only sold home wears anyway.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

msRavenswood

According this article, New Century Notions - Flora's Unique Boutique is scheduled to open on August 1st.

Kristof

msRavenswood

I had never visited TSP, but from the before and after pics I've seen online, I prefer the way it used to look. Flora's Boutique is just like every shop on Main Street, they should have kept TSP's unique atmosphere!

Discovery_Mountain

It's a nice shop, but as has already been said just looks like any other shop on Main Street.

I can imagine Park Management thinking that guest may get confused with a shop called town square photography 'I've already got a camera so I don't need to go in there'  sort of thing.

I'm glad I took the time to have a good look around it last time I was there.
My Disneyland Paris Trips:
1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000 (1 Day Trips)

March 2012, 2 days at Kyriad Hotel
June 2013, 2 days at Dream Castle Hotel
December 2013, 6 days at Sequoia Lodge
December 2014, 6 days at The Disneyland Hotel
December 2015 6 Days at Sequoia Lodge GF

Planned Holidays:
February 2016 - 3 days at Sequoia Lodge GF
November 2016 - Walt Disney World  (Maybe)

captain rocket

Flora's boutique opened yesterday and, in my opinion, is another wasted opportunity!
The old photo shop was beautifully themed inside and virtually none of this theming has remained. The shop is bright and airy and very smart as you would expect, but the merchandise is in no way unique and this is what I mean about a wasted opportunity! This was a great chance to start a theme with some unique Disneyland Paris merchandise that would not be on sale anywhere else, maybe even some Main Street T shirts?
I mourn the loss of the theming of the photo shop, but I expect that this shop will now produce more for the bottom line than previously and you can at least still buy your photo's here.
The most striking feature is a beautiful mosaic as you enter the shop, as usual at Disney, you should always look up and down as well as straight ahead! I will try to post a photo later.
The sign outside has a very temporary air about it and I assume that will be changed eventually.
Have a look on your next visit and let us know your opinion!

Riebi

I was also disapointed by the interior of Flora's. It´s a bit sad that they haven't done more for this shop. TSP was a high quality in theming, feeling and details.

And now you get the same stuff in a main street shop, that could be everywhere in the world. This white clean design seems to be the new victorian look for them. But it's not a shop to look around. Remember me well on some of the uninspired parts of the califonian disneyland main street shops. Yes, it's new, bright and in some "vicotrian" but nothing to talk about.

The made a very boring shop out of the old well themed TSP. Sad thing.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Riebi

Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

MissDisneyisMagical

A little off topic but if the photo shop has closed where can you get the photos printed? Thanks
<center><embed src="http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/show.swf?message=Kirsty&font=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/fonts/plainn_lib.swf&glitter=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/glitters/glitter78.swf&clickURL=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/&type=0&clickLABEL=Glitter Text Maker&flashLABEL=Satisfaction.com&bevel=0&shadow=1&glow=1&blur=0&fade=0&blink=0&gb=2&ga=0.6&gi=0&gc=16210663&bb=2&bc=0&sb=7&sa=0.7&si=0&sc=0&blb=7&ls=0&fontsize=60&num=78" quality="best" wmode="

DisneyRon

Quote from: MissDisneyisMagical on September 07, 2014, 09:48:10 PM
A little off topic but if the photo shop has closed where can you get the photos printed? Thanks

The store was changed, it's function wasn't really, just a change of theme (unfortunately).
The photo desk is still in that shop I believe. :)

jimtrim

Sad.... :'( TSP was cosy and warm and it was nice just to go in there and nosy around at all the themeing elements... the decor and fittings made you want to pick up things from the shelves (even though it was still the same stuff)

It's somewhat ironic they chose to brand it as unique when it is quite the opposite.... I will enjoy looking at the mosaic and windows from the outsde (but won't feel compelled to take time out to go inside unfortunately)  :(
... not much more can be said

... drawing by day, dreaming by night, Disney fan all the time!:)
http://www.jimtrim.co.uk/