Disneyland Park Guided Tour

Started by Andybear, July 07, 2014, 09:48:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andybear

I'm thinking about doing a guided tour in the Disneyland Park when I go to DLP in September.  Has anyone does this and if so what was the cost and what did you think of it?  Thanks  :)

gemma2806

Ooh brilliant topic Andybear I've also wondered about this and the Disney Studios Park. I'm hoping to do these tours next year but know very little about them  :D

Andybear

Thanks Gemma :-)  I know the Disneyland Park tour is two hours and the Studios tour is one and a half hours so depending on the times they start I might do both, not on the same day I hasten to add!  I'm arriving early afternoon on Sunday 14th September and leaving early evening on Thursday the 18th so I should have time for both :-) 

Sulley's Arms

We did the Disneyland Park tour last year, and it was more interesting than I had even hoped!

They both cost €20 per person (under 12s free), with a 25% discount for Shareholders Club members.  The tours take place at various times per day, and can be booked in advance via telephone, or at City Hall when you are there.  Each tour will be in the language nominated by the first party to book that particular time slot - we had a Dutch family with us, but they will have been told when they booked that this tour would be in English since we had already booked and chosen an English speaking Guide.

The tour starts at City Hall, goes through the entrance area, under the station and eventually up Main Street USA.  Every tour follows a common theme, but they are also free-form in nature, in terms of any buildings / rides / lands, etc. that you might wish to focus on more, or ignore completely if you want.

You don't go on rides or anything, but can find out lots of behind the scenes, 'insider' snippets.  The two hours passes quite quickly because it's so full of interesting info and things to look at that you may not have noticed before!

Highly recommended  :D
Trip Counter
Nov 07 - DCR [4d]
Mar 09 - DCR [3d]
Feb 11 - DCR [4d]
Oct 11 - Kyriad [3d]
Dec 11 - Adagio [3d]
Feb 12 - DCR [6d]
Jun 12 - Crecy Golf [4d]
Aug 12 - Crecy Golf [2d]
Feb 13 - Adagio [4d]
Dec 13 - Crecy Golf [3d]
Feb 14 - DCR [5d]
Mar 15 - Sejours [4d]
Feb 16 - Kyriad [4d]
Dec 16 - Offsite [3d]
Feb 17 - Adagio [4d]
Aug 17 - Offsite [2d]
Dec 17 - Offsite [3d]
Dec 18 - Cheyenne [3d]

gemma2806

Brilliant Sulley's Arms thanks for the info. I will definitely be trying to fit these tours into the holiday  :D

Andybear

Thanks Sulley's Arms, that's great to know.  I'll put some of my Euros aside for it :) 

gearbox2005

Me and my father in law took the park tour a few years ago and i highly recommend it. We had a lovely French lady take us around and she was very knowledgeable about the park. We got to go "behind the scenes" of Star Tours and it's fantastic to see what actually moves the ride. And at the end we got a cracking pin badge to commemorate the tour.

Andybear

Quote from: gearbox2005 on July 24, 2014, 09:54:38 PM
Me and my father in law took the park tour a few years ago and i highly recommend it. We had a lovely French lady take us around and she was very knowledgeable about the park. We got to go "behind the scenes" of Star Tours and it's fantastic to see what actually moves the ride. And at the end we got a cracking pin badge to commemorate the tour.

Great, thank you!  Love that you get a pin badge to commemorate the tour  ;)

DisneyRon

Thank you everyone for the glowing recommendations, I'll look into taking the tours as well now. Looks like they're certainly worth the cost. :)

pixiedust86

We are going September 14th - 18th this year  ;D
Just recently booked our dining reservations but now wanting to book a tour of the Disneyland Park!!
It sounds great, highly recommended too!! Cant wait!! ;D :P

DisneyRon

Yeah, I need to start planning my table- and character restaurant reservations, and inform about the tours as well. ^_^

Andybear

Quote from: pixiedust86 on August 08, 2014, 09:15:35 PM
We are going September 14th - 18th this year  ;D
Just recently booked our dining reservations but now wanting to book a tour of the Disneyland Park!!
It sounds great, highly recommended too!! Cant wait!! ;D :P

Those are the dates I'm going too!  Which hotel are you staying in - I'm staying in Sequoia Lodge :D

pixiedust86

We are trying the Cheyenne as ive not done that one yet!! Its my hubbys first visit to DLP at all - im so excited, he wont know what hit him I imagine!!  ;D x

DisneyRon

Perhaps I'll see you there then, as I'm also going from the 14th to the 18th of September. ;D

Andybear

Quote from: DisneyRon on August 11, 2014, 09:16:57 PM
Perhaps I'll see you there then, as I'm also going from the 14th to the 18th of September. ;D

I'll look out for you  :D 

It looks like there are a few of us going those dates - it seems a popular time for us 'off season'ers  :D