Plaza gardens buffet

Started by Belloboy7, July 05, 2014, 09:04:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belloboy7

Any one know what's  on the buffet at the plaza garden and is it unlimited soft drinks ?
Also is the buffet upstairs from billy bobs any good?  Thanks all....

Mrsya

One soft drink only that you have to choose as soon as you walk through the door. Food is great, service not so great - especially if you're expecting a high chair for your baby. Food was a good mix of chicken, fish, sausages, pasta, salad, chips, potatoes and lovely little mini pancakes for after.

daddyof2

I wasn't impressed with Plaza gardens to be honest

LotsoHugginBear

At Plaza gardens we always had the offer with unlimited free drinks (maybe this changes  from time to time?) . Service was ok and food tasted good.

The La Grange (buffet above Billy Bob's) has a tex mex buffet. It was very delicious but last visit was probably two years ago maybe three.

polar vixen

Plaza gardens is my family's favourite buffet, food vice us everly we always get the unlimited drinks, although you have to stick with your original drink choice I think the trick us to easy slightly earlier times: we arrived for our reservation at 12, there was one family in the queue in front of us, and by the time we were getting served there was about 30 people behind us, like wise eat around 5-6, and it's fairly quiet,

ilovedisneylandparis

We've been twice now, and enjoyed it on both occasions. The only thing I'd say is that after eating there the first time, I had stomach pains - we suspected this was due to the potato salad/mayonnaise-y items, so I didn't have any of those this year and was fine. I think you'll be fine, though, we reckoned they'd just been left out a bit too long.

The food selection is quite good - fish, chicken, beef, etc. It's quite nice to just have a mixture of food, especially if you're getting sick of burgers and fries :) The desserts are lovely too. It's not cheap, but it's worth it if you are very hungry and want to fill up, or if you're just looking to eat one big meal that day.

nathalie

1 softdrink?

We were there 2 weeks ago, yes, you say what you like when you pay for the meal, and then it should be unlimited.
Me and my friend both had 3 drinks each of the one we had chosen when we payed.

mnewcourt

Las time I was there in January 2014 there was unlimited soft drinks. When you arrive and take you to your table they ask what you want to drink. When my drink was finished (Apple juice) I ordered water from one of the cast members and received it really quickly. For my third and last drink I had apple juice again.

amanda08

There are 2 different prices for Plaza G - one with unlimited drinks and one without drinks (which is great for us as we only tend to drink water with meals so just ask for a free jug of tap water :) )

Mrsya

We paid using standard vouchers but as I said, service was appalling so maybe it was unlimited drinks but the 'waiter' never came back to us (apart from to direct me outside for the baby changing room). I think we would probably give it another try in there because the food was quite varied, but maybe at off-peak times.

nathalie

We had the same problem, waiter was walking around with a grumpy face the entire time, and when we didn't saw her again for at least 30 minutes, I just asked someone else.  Who then told me I needed to ask our waitress.  I told her I hadn't seen her in at least half an hour, and then this other girl just brought us our drinks.

vuk

Hello, may I have a stupid question.

I have no experience with "All you can eat" restaurant. How works, please?

I can pick up a meal just for one shot? I can go back and add another meal ever? I have to take every clean plate? They work there any queues or I can come separately to desserts or main dish?
It works equally well elsewhere - Agrabah Cafe?
I do not want to look like a fool or done something wrong. Thank you!

stifle

There are no stupid questions here :)

At the buffets in the parks, you queue for a table (if needed) and when a table is ready you simply order your drinks and pay for them and your food at the register and go and sit down. Usually a waiter brings your drinks but you don't have to wait for them, just go to the buffet and take a plate, put whatever you want on it, sit down, and eat it. You can go back to the buffet as many times as you like.

If you need more drinks you usually order them at the register. I seem to recall Buzz's Pizza Planet having a place to refill your own drinks as they have free refills there.

The queues tend to form differently each time but often there are separate queues for starters, main courses, and desserts.

It is up to you whether you prefer to have a clean plate each time or take up the same plate. Finished plates left on your table will be picked up by a waiter.

At hotel buffets you normally pay at the end of your meal and can order additional drinks from your waiter.

vuk

Thank you very much!

So I do not have to wait for the waitress and serve himself. I drink only water, where I get free water?

When I'm there alone, never mind, I'm going to the tables with food to carry my backpack and other stuff?

never2old

Quote from: vuk on September 13, 2015, 07:25:48 PM
Thank you very much!

So I do not have to wait for the waitress and serve himself. I drink only water, where I get free water?

When I'm there alone, never mind, I'm going to the tables with food to carry my backpack and other stuff?

You can ask for tap water (a 'garrafe d'eau' in French), but I think drinks are now included in all the buffets (you don't have a choice of food only or food + drink). And I seem to remember in Plaza Gardens last week that drinks were unlimited - we definitely got additional water bottles from our waiter.

I think that I would feel quite safe leaving my bag on my chair and going to get some food if I was on my own, but then again when we're in Disney we always feel that we're inside a safe bubble where nothing can go wrong, and unfortunately that's not the case. I did see a case in the Disney Village where someone had her bag stolen in a restaurant (but again it was in the Disney Village, not inside the parks).