February half term

Started by DisneyMichelle, July 02, 2014, 10:10:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisneyMichelle

Hello

We have booked to go DLP in the Feb Half term 2015 for 4nights 5 days.

Can anyone that has been during the February half term let me know what it is like? i am expecting it to be busy but will it be as busy as new year for example and what are other peoples experiences with que times during this period.

Thanks in advance x
I was once told to have a happy place in your mind for when times get hard. Disneyland Paris is my happy place. :)

andlorna

Hi we have been Feb half term for the last two years and love it. We also are going again next Feb next year 4 night/5 days. We have found it to be busy but know where near as busy as New Year. We love this time of year. We have been very lucky as the weather has not been that bad. Just make sure you take warm clothing,hats,gloves etc. The only downside is the park closes earlier. The queuing is not that bad and we go on our favourite rides over and over. Take advantage of the EMH hours.
Make sure if you are going to eat in the park or village that you book your table before you go, this will ensure that you get a table and time that you want.
Take advantage of the fastpass on the more popular rides.
You will love it  :D
PREVIOUS VISITS,
Oct 06, Santa fe 3 days
Oct 07, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 08, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 09, Sequoia 4 days
Dec 09 New Year
Oct 10, Cheyenne 4 days
April 11, Cheyenne 4 days
Feb 13, Cheyenne 5 days
Feb 14, Cheyenne 5 days
Oct 14 Hipark 4 days
Nov 14 Hipark 4 days
Feb 15 Santa Fe 5 days
May 15 Hipark 4 days
Augt 15 Hipark 5 days
Feb 16 Cheyenne 5 days
April 16 Hipark 5 days
Aug 16 Hipark 5 days
Oct 16 Hipark 5 days
Dec 16 Sequoia new year
Next Trip
Oct 17 Hipark 5 days

gingajen

We went February this year and have booked up next year too. It was a lovely time to go. We were so lucky with the weather as it was dry the whole time ( it had rained continuously for about 2 months before!) the only thing I missed is that there were no special events going on, such as Spring etc.... But the lack of queues made up for it. I actually liked that the parks close a little earlier because we didn't have to keep the kids awake until 10/11pm to watch Dreams. I think it could be more likely that the most popular rides could be closed for maintenance during this time, but I'm not sure. The atmosphere is still lovely and the parks look great too, just different to how you see them during the Slring or Summer.
It's Disney, you'll have a magical time whenever you go!

Sulley's Arms

We have been during each of the last 4 February Half Terms.  Having also been in March, June, August, October & December over the years, I would have to say that Feb is the best time for many reasons.

Sure, it is busy because it's HT, but August & Xmas are far busier, so in Feb you'd do more rides, etc. than those other dates.

Sure, it is cold because it's Winter, but (with the exception of that BIIIIIG FREEEEEZE a couple of years ago!) it is more than bearable with coat, gloves, etc.  Also, you can plan your days around indoor activities (including pit stops for coffee & a muffin...), particularly in WDS.

Sure, a bunch of the rides will be closed for maintenance, but we've been at other times of year and had Buzz, POTC and BTM closed so, again, it's no worse during Feb HT than other times.  It's pot luck which rides are closed...

Pack your bags and enjoy it  :)
Trip Counter
Nov 07 - DCR [4d]
Mar 09 - DCR [3d]
Feb 11 - DCR [4d]
Oct 11 - Kyriad [3d]
Dec 11 - Adagio [3d]
Feb 12 - DCR [6d]
Jun 12 - Crecy Golf [4d]
Aug 12 - Crecy Golf [2d]
Feb 13 - Adagio [4d]
Dec 13 - Crecy Golf [3d]
Feb 14 - DCR [5d]
Mar 15 - Sejours [4d]
Feb 16 - Kyriad [4d]
Dec 16 - Offsite [3d]
Feb 17 - Adagio [4d]
Aug 17 - Offsite [2d]
Dec 17 - Offsite [3d]
Dec 18 - Cheyenne [3d]

SGregory27

We have booked for Feb Half term next year too, DD1 is lucky that she has an inset day on the Friday, so we have booked that day and get the cheaper price,  We are going for 5nts/6days this year as the girls will 6 and nearly 3, we plan to take things slow.  We went for a couple of days over Feb half term last year and it was busy but not overly so.  Yes park shuts early but with young kids that's not a bad thing.

Disney is lovely in the cold. I've been when It's been so cold I had to wear leggings under my jeans.

The only thing I would say is book the restaurants before you go (6weeks before your stay). As Dreams will be on around 8pm (that was the time in Feb 2013 ) so people may book dinner at 6pm ( that's the time we plan to do) so they can eat and get back to park for Dreams or book after Dreams (which is half hour). But wait for the park opening times (they come out Nov/Dec) to be released before doing so just incase park shuts later or early.
Hope that makes sense. Have a great time.

2016-Cheyenne
2015-Sequoia Lodge Honeymoon Suite
2015-Sequoia Lodge GF Lakeside
2014-Sequoia Lodge- Hubby's big 30
2013- Newport Bay- 1st time with kids 4y &1y
2008-Sequoia Lodge
2005-Sequoia Lodge - Got engaged
2004-Sequoia Lodge
1999-SL

DisneyMichelle

Thank you for all your replies.
I have Visited Disney about 20+ times but never actually been during Feb half term.

I must say my fav time to go is in November when they have put the xmas decs up! its so christmasy and not too busy.

I dont mind the cold and I think I prefer it when its on the chilly side.

I agree with you all too, I am actually looking forward to the park closing at 8pm. the last few times I have visited the park has shut at 10pm and its such a long day. At least this way we can watch Dreams and have a dinner and drinks somewhere after along with walking through the Village and looking through the shops and spending all my pennies :)

Fingers crossed there arent too many ride closures during this period next year.

Thanks all again! xx

I was once told to have a happy place in your mind for when times get hard. Disneyland Paris is my happy place. :)