Offers for DLP

Started by gemma2806, July 01, 2014, 07:52:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gemma2806

Hi all I've been looking to book a trip for my other half's 40th next year. The current offer is if I book the hotel by October then I get 2nts and 2 days free. I've compared the same holiday but used the dates for this year and I was horrified by the results. If I booked a 6nt stay from the first weekend in November this year I would get 15% off and free half board and the total would come to £2,043.42 but if I booked the same holiday for 3 weeks later using the 2 days and 2 nts free offer it would cost £1,208.00 a difference of a staggering £835.42!!!

The offer for 2 days and 2 nts free is only available for arrivals up to 2nd November 2015. Do you think that they may extend this offer or bring it back for stays later next year as I would much rather book for the end of November next year if it means saving so much money?

Given that this is an impromptu visit I would prefer to save as much money as possible. Does anyone know if the first week in November is generally a more expensive time to stay than the last week in November?  :D

polar vixen

Given there's the Halloween celebrations, and the bonfire spectacular it would make sense that the first week would be more expensive, how about the 2 week, so it's closer to your partner's b'day?  Also consider reasonably, (not sure how many there are of you?) how much you would reasonably end up spending on food.  For my family to eat at a buffet costs over a 100 euros, so taking that into account the difference might not be so great?

Sonyak3

I have booked end of November 14 with 2 days/nights free and hav spotted people commenting on different topics on this forum that they have went previously around the same dates with d 2day/nights free so it's possible but no guarantee I suppose.

daddyof2

The 2 days/nights free offer is pretty much the best offer you can get - though is technically only good if you actually want more than 2 nights (though most people do). Also, you can often book the next year based on THIS years price, as an early booker offer. That offer should be available for winter 2015/16 eventually. The beginning of November strangely falls into the Summer dates and the end falls into the Winter dates, so the end is usually cheaper - see the current brochure.

gemma2806

Thanks everyone for your replies, I think we've decided that we shall book for the end of the month as we can still celebrate my partner's birthday just with a slight delay! We loved going at that time of year before so we can definitely do it again!  :D