relocating buzzs lazerblast ?

Started by irishbhoy1888, July 08, 2014, 01:51:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishbhoy1888

I'm just wondering would it be possible to relocate the lazerblast ride into wds toy story playland and does anyone know if it's been done anywhere else before ? If it wasn't that expensive I think it would make perfect sense maybe adding some new extras to give it a new fresh feel ?
Then the old building would be available for a new ride  ;D

msRavenswood

I really don't see it happening...

Discovery_Mountain

I would love to see Buzz out of Discoveryland but I don't see it happening. I think the management would see it as a massive waste of money with no gains what so ever. I don't even think the management understand the theming of Discoveryland hens why it was allowed to be put there in the first place. 
My Disneyland Paris Trips:
1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000 (1 Day Trips)

March 2012, 2 days at Kyriad Hotel
June 2013, 2 days at Dream Castle Hotel
December 2013, 6 days at Sequoia Lodge
December 2014, 6 days at The Disneyland Hotel
December 2015 6 Days at Sequoia Lodge GF

Planned Holidays:
February 2016 - 3 days at Sequoia Lodge GF
November 2016 - Walt Disney World  (Maybe)

Rocketeer

I've thought the exact same thing OP, Buzz would be perfect for Playland - they could even theme the building to be the box that Buzz comes in. However, as others have said, the cost involved makes it prohibitive even if they wanted. Plus if they did do it, it'd be pointless having Midway Mania in the Studios.

As we're talking of moving attractions, am I the only one who thinks that the Flying Carpets would be better in Adventureland Bazaar?

Admittedly there's not a  great deal of space there, but removing Le Passage Enchanté d'Aladdin and perhaps part of Le Girafe Curieuse they might have enough space. Perhaps even putting it partially indoors.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

daddyof2

I concur, big cost for little gain. I think they could put some Up/Bugs Life/Jungle Book/Lion King attractions into Adventureland near Indiana Jones, something Woody related in Frontierland where River Rogue Keelboats or the geysers are, a Wreck It Ralph or Wall-E attraction in Discoveryland (near Nautilus/Autopia). There isn't a great deal of room left near Toy Stoy Playland but something around the "front corners" that fits the studios theme would be good

orangarnold

Quote from: Rocketeer on July 08, 2014, 05:21:37 PM

As we're talking of moving attractions, am I the only one who thinks that the Flying Carpets would be better in Adventureland Bazaar?

Admittedly there's not a  great deal of space there, but removing Le Passage Enchanté d'Aladdin and perhaps part of Le Girafe Curieuse they might have enough space. Perhaps even putting it partially indoors.

Funny you should say that as that was the original plan and location for that ride, it went into studios as there was a bare patch in need of something

geno85

The flying carpets would definitely be more at home in Adventureland as this is where it is placed at WDW as looks perfect against the theme of the land. As for the re-location of laser blast I don't think it would happen, there's more chance of a new toy story attraction for playland & I'd vote for Midway Mania any day.

Rocketeer

Quote from: orangarnold on July 09, 2014, 12:48:32 AM
Quote from: Rocketeer on July 08, 2014, 05:21:37 PM

Funny you should say that as that was the original plan and location for that ride, it went into studios as there was a bare patch in need of something
*facepalm*

Ughhh. Why am I not surprised? Good ol' WDS budget cuts.

Looking forward, I suppose in an ideal world they could still build a new Carpets in the Bazaar and then re-purpose the current spinner into another theme. Question is, what?

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

geno85

There's only so many options for the theming of a spinner, at least the carpets are themed for studios with the genie etc and not just stuck there.

Rocketeer

Even so, its still a pretty flimsy theming. Actually in deference to the original post; which is worse: Flying Carpets or Buzz?

Despite my reservations on giving Genie a beret and a megaphone and calling it "theming", I'd guess I'd still choose Buzz. However it'd still be easier for them to move a spinner than a complete dark ride.

geno85

In an ideal world buzz should have been re-located during playland construction and the whole idea of  housing it in buzz's box would have been awesome. The buzz building would also be a great space to add a new attraction and update Discoveryland a bit. As for the spinner I would vote to have it moved. On the subject of theming I would like to see more movie studio themed attractions in the studios, I dont think its too much to ask.

mvboetzelaer

Moving entire attractions is not common, but also not unheard of.
The Carousal of progress was moved twice (Worldfair to Disneyland to Magic Kingdom WDW), recently Dumbo was moved (and doubled) in the Magic Kingdom's Fantasyland rebuild and when Tokyo was built an AA show (forgot the name) was shipped from Orlando.
However after the pretty recent investment in Buzz this won't be moved. Just no business case for it. To bad for the Discoveryland theming.