Disney being sued

Started by irishbhoy1888, July 03, 2014, 03:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangarnold

Quote from: irishbhoy1888 on July 03, 2014, 03:55:03 PM
http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/0703/628303-disneyland-discrimination/

This section made me laugh 'The association also says that under current rules an able-bodied person accompanying a group of four disabled people cannot take a rollercoaster ride as a group but has to do so individually - resulting in a huge loss of time.' Of course that's the case, the pass is for the disabled guest, it would be unfair on other able bodied guests.

Disney are really careful to work within the laws around this and to make it fair for all.

polar vixen

What a joke!  We had probs ourselves last time because I didn't have enough over 18's to accompany my 2 disabled children on rides, (just myself and teenage daughter, ) but we've never had to wait wait an hour and a half to get our access pass, and it makes sense, if you are with a mentally disabled person, who may struggle to cope with a situation, they need a 1:1, what if 4 people all started panicking, how could 1 person cope with that?.  In extreme cases I've seen kids with asd become violent, run away, attack people, try to hurt themselves, so I can fully understand why such ones would need a 1:1.  And as far as having to wait, Disney are brilliant, making it possible to keep wit times as short as possible, and even when a shortwait is required we don't have to stand in a massive queue with the boys getting shoved and knocked, so we are able to wait in   a calm place, where they won't get stressed out.  Hats off to Disney they are fantastic at making it possible for us to have a family holiday with minimal stress.

orangarnold

That's a good point I forgot about, the passes are ticked off per condition and some conditions clearly state you need an adult to accompany you at all times.

umickeymecrazy

what a joke! regulations are in place for the safety of everyone!
I have grown up with family having a mental disability and i have to agree with Disney here. Not one person can be there to comfort and control four disabled members if something goes wrong.
Adults are only kids grown up, anyway.

irishbhoy1888

I think disney are known to be an easy target for getting sued .
Here is some classics I found on the Web :

Parents of a 4-year old boy sued alleging that a 2-feet high fence wasn't high enough to keep their child from drowning in a nearby moat .

Three disabled people sued over Disney World's ban on Segway scooters

A woman who rode Twilight Zone: Tower of Terror ride up to 50 times a day, saying it was the only thing that alleviated a medical condition she had, sued with claims she was banned from the Disney World park.

One park visitor sued claiming she was beaten by another park visitor and that Disney didn't have adequate security staff.

A Pennsylvania woman sued with allegations her breast was groped by Donald Duck.

A man sued for allegedly being stranded on the "It's a Small World" ride for 40 minutes.

San Diego parents sued after their young sun suffered "severe burns" from scalding hot nacho cheese at the entertainment resort.

Mileto

Totally on Disney side. These people can't think of something more clever.

irishbhoy1888, these are funny cases  ;D

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

orangarnold

Quote from: irishbhoy1888 on July 04, 2014, 03:36:24 AM
I think disney are known to be an easy target for getting sued .
Here is some classics I found on the Web :

Parents of a 4-year old boy sued alleging that a 2-feet high fence wasn't high enough to keep their child from drowning in a nearby moat .

Three disabled people sued over Disney World's ban on Segway scooters

A woman who rode Twilight Zone: Tower of Terror ride up to 50 times a day, saying it was the only thing that alleviated a medical condition she had, sued with claims she was banned from the Disney World park.

One park visitor sued claiming she was beaten by another park visitor and that Disney didn't have adequate security staff.

A Pennsylvania woman sued with allegations her breast was groped by Donald Duck.

A man sued for allegedly being stranded on the "It's a Small World" ride for 40 minutes.

San Diego parents sued after their young sun suffered "severe burns" from scalding hot nacho cheese at the entertainment resort.

They sound like the cases you hear from the US parks,

Although the Small World story is interesting and from California, the ride broke down and they evactuated everyone minus one man in a wheel chair who also has motor nureone disease he was left on the ride for 40 minutes with the music and lights still playing, a family member had to remind the staff he was still there

umickeymecrazy

Haha poor guy. However much I love it's a small world, stuck on it by yourself for 40 minutes would probably send me crazy.
Adults are only kids grown up, anyway.

orangarnold

Quote from: umickeymecrazy on July 04, 2014, 11:09:05 AM
Haha poor guy. However much I love it's a small world, stuck on it by yourself for 40 minutes would probably send me crazy.

In fairness I would sue for emotional distress too

Sulley's Arms

Quote from: orangarnold on July 04, 2014, 01:53:08 PM
Quote from: umickeymecrazy on July 04, 2014, 11:09:05 AM

In fairness I would sue for emotional distress too

That's nothing, once when I entered the park I put my ticket in the entry machine and it didn't say, 'Welcome'.  You can just imagine how I felt spending the whole day thinking that the park didn't want me there!  ;D

I'm convinced there's a lawsuit in there somewhere  ::) ;) :D
Trip Counter
Nov 07 - DCR [4d]
Mar 09 - DCR [3d]
Feb 11 - DCR [4d]
Oct 11 - Kyriad [3d]
Dec 11 - Adagio [3d]
Feb 12 - DCR [6d]
Jun 12 - Crecy Golf [4d]
Aug 12 - Crecy Golf [2d]
Feb 13 - Adagio [4d]
Dec 13 - Crecy Golf [3d]
Feb 14 - DCR [5d]
Mar 15 - Sejours [4d]
Feb 16 - Kyriad [4d]
Dec 16 - Offsite [3d]
Feb 17 - Adagio [4d]
Aug 17 - Offsite [2d]
Dec 17 - Offsite [3d]
Dec 18 - Cheyenne [3d]

captain rocket

It took me about five years to work out that the word from the machine was "welcome" maybe I should sue for the anguish it caused me until I worked it out!
I remember reading about an American family in Florida whose child had bent down behind Chip and Dale to do up a lace and the character stepped back, fell over the child and his head fell off! The child was said to be traumatised so the parents sued. They gor exactly what the deserved, nothing!

mvboetzelaer

Recently a woman sued WDW for falling brick from Cinderella Castle, which is made of solid (painted) concrete...
This is more common in the USA. On the DISboard I read that cast members are instructed not to say "sorry" if a guest stumbles when boarding a ride as this could be admitting liability.
So: yes, Disney lawyers will not likely be out of work soon. And if you wish to sue Disney you will find something to sue.