Eurostar - no direct service 5Jan-5 Feb 2015

Started by EmmaH, June 24, 2014, 02:50:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmmaH

Hi all,
I just called Eurostar to find out when tickets are being released for Jan 2015 only to be told that between 5 Jan-5 Feb there will no NO DIRECT services to Disneyland.
I'm so annoyed!! We have done the indirect journey before and with three young children, bags and pushchair found it really hard work; the journey is so disjointed.
The Eurostar representative told me the reason for stopping the direct route for that time is obviously cost; the trains are apparently running at a loss but he said if enough people complain then the powers that be may look into the decision.
So anyone booking between 5 Jan - 5 Feb and looking to travel Eurostar - be aware there are no direct services unless management changes their mind...

Grr..

Emma
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2016
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2015
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2014
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2013

daddyof2

Is it that you can only travel via Paris? Is there no service to DLP from Lille other than Eurostar?

Chlo83

I think you can still go via Lille as this is on the Brussels route, just not direct with no stop...

jeakat24

Oh no!

We're planning on going 2nd-6th February and I can't change those dates as we're going for my eldest's third birthday (the 5th). I was deliberately planning a mon-fri trip so I would avoid non-direct routes  ::)

It's really off putting to be honest because we'll be travelling with our two/three year old and our 1 year old, and the luggage and a double pushchair. I know they can't run at a loss and it's unfair to expect them to, but that's when Disney have their 2 days and 2 nights free offer on so you think they'd be running them.

I expect it will be Eurostar to Lille and then the TGV on to Marne le valley? That's what it was the last (and so far only) time we've gone indirect, which was much easier as it was pre-kids!
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

jeakat24

I sent an email to Eurostar asking about this (not that I doubted you, I just thought the more people email the more they just might change their minds!)

The lady who emailed back was lovely but confirmed the lack of direct train, and also said it was from the 5th of Jan to the 7th Feb, not the 5th, so just something to keep in mind when booking. Thanks for posting this Emma, it will definitely have an impact on how I plan our next trip
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge