Animagique to close? (Rumour)

Started by orangarnold, June 18, 2014, 10:27:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mileto

Thank you! Hope there are no more incidents.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

aquacat2

I'm presuming this is part of a refresh, considering that WDS is still seen by some as a half-day park it would be odd to close another attraction without a replacement plus considering there have been no new shows in studios recently, it would make sense to introduce a new one.
Newport Bay Club- 2006
Ranch Davy Crockett - 2007
Hotel Santa Fe - 2015

orangarnold

Quote from: aquacat2 on June 19, 2014, 05:22:05 PM
I'm presuming this is part of a refresh, considering that WDS is still seen by some as a half-day park it would be odd to close another attraction without a replacement plus considering there have been no new shows in studios recently, it would make sense to introduce a new one.

Odd to close without a replacement, yes. However very typical of DLP to just close it.

Joey

Joe said that, in the case of Armageddon, it would be pointless to close an attraction without replacing it with something. I can't see them closing Animagique unless they have something lined up but for them to replace it would be costly and we haven't heard anything so to do something as big as this unannounced just doesn't seem plausible.

That said, I imagine Animagique is expensive to run so a show that isn't live action may be in the works.
Next Visit: 2015 - Hotel New York
2013 - Hotel New York
2007 - Hotel New York
2001 - Hotel New York

Rocketeer

I agree with everyone, it'd be a shame to loose one of the WDS' original attractions.

I just hope they don't shoe horn another Toy Story themed show into the theatre. Far too much of that in the park now, there's plenty of other Pixar films they could use.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

msRavenswood

Have never seen Animagique, but it would be such a big shame if DLP lost one more show! If the rumours are true, I hope it is replaced by Mickey's Philarmagic!

orangarnold

It's going to be interesting to see how things develop.

Rocketeer

I guess PhiharMagic would be a logical choice - it has a similar plot. Would it be too much to ask if they did add it to put some different films in? After all PhilharMagic is 11 years old now.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

disney-dan

Philarmagic needs a HUGE theater (wide) due to spanning over 3 screens, much bigger than the Animagique theater from what I remember.
Have a Magical day!!

DD

orangarnold

I've just had a thought about this, could it be Lion King or Tarzan? As video polis is going to be where the Jedi Training Academy is going....

Andybear

I've just been reading about it on Trip Advisor - it' looks like it's closing at the end of 2015.  It's a shame as I love it - will have to see it more than once in September!

claire2281

Only saw it for the first time last visit. Will definitely try to watch it again before it closes.

I don't mind about it closing though as long as something reappears in it's place. Keeping things fresh is always good.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

Samninetysix

Quote from: never2old on June 19, 2014, 11:49:54 AM
I'm quite sad about this... It's one of my favourite things in the Studios, and my daughter loves it. If they wanted to close a ride, why not go for Armaggedon?? (yes yes I know, the operating costs are very different in the two rides, cannot really be compared.... but who would miss Armaggedon??)

I can't remember the last time I went on Armageddon and I think I've only ever been on it twice since it opened, so I personally wouldn't miss it. It really sucks that Animagic is going to close tho, I think we probably always go in there. :(

Rocketeer

Isn't Armageddon already slated to be replaced any way? Of course you can't take out both AES and Animagique at the same time, so perhaps the latter is the first to go?

BoristheSpider