Phantom Manor

Started by Joey, June 13, 2014, 02:31:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joey

Sorry if anyone has asked this before but I couldn't find anything. So as there is a separate loading and unloading area of Phantom Manor and I know that priority and disabled visitors use the unloading area to board, has anyone seen what is between the exit and the entrance?

Is it just a dark tunnel or is there more exclusive scenery etc. in this little area? It's probably something only a select few of us would get to see so I wondered if anyone had been able to take a look?

Cheers,
Joe
Next Visit: 2015 - Hotel New York
2013 - Hotel New York
2007 - Hotel New York
2001 - Hotel New York

never2old

A few years ago they had a thing where you could do some rides as often as you wanted, you basically simply stayed put in the ride and went around and around - I guess that's when I got to stay in the doom buggie after the unloading area (or maybe there had been a technical fault and we got to ride it twice, I'm not 100%.

In any case, it's simply a dark tunnel, with absolutely nothing to see... The ride goes down so you're facing the buggie behind you. It's very short!

gemma2806

Yep we experienced this last year. There were no queues so we were allowed to stay on the ride. After the unloading area you just proceed through a tunnel down a very short slope and round to the beginning. Very boring actually!

aquacat2

Yer I have experienced it with my brother its a very short nothing period, I was hoping when we first did it to be able to have a nose backstage but no such luck!
Newport Bay Club- 2006
Ranch Davy Crockett - 2007
Hotel Santa Fe - 2015

Joey

Oh what a shame! Thanks everyone!
Next Visit: 2015 - Hotel New York
2013 - Hotel New York
2007 - Hotel New York
2001 - Hotel New York

Fever

So any word on Phantom Manor updates? I know there's ridiculous amounts going on around the resort, but wondered if this was still on the cards?

Just back from a trip and sad to see the phantom at the finale totally er, dead.. Hope they fix him soon.
Welcome foolish mortals

HildeKitten

When I wanted to ride Phantom Manor I went to the disability entrance (on the side, up the stairs) and was always let into the foyer. So I got in the elevator with all the other guests and went in via the normal entrance.
Nowadays I have to get a return ticket and take that to the disability entrance and then get on as normal without doing the queue.

msRavenswood

Quote from: Fever on September 08, 2015, 02:01:53 AM
So any word on Phantom Manor updates? I know there's ridiculous amounts going on around the resort, but wondered if this was still on the cards?

Just back from a trip and sad to see the phantom at the finale totally er, dead.. Hope they fix him soon.

The Phantom in the finale had been missing for quite some time. They installed him back recently and they are still tweaking his programming, that's why he wasn't moving.

Fever

That's great, many thanks.
Welcome foolish mortals

msRavenswood

Quote from: Fever on September 08, 2015, 08:05:14 PM
That's great, many thanks.

You're welcome! As of today he's functioning properly.  :D

DisneyGagaChick

Quote from: msRavenswood on September 08, 2015, 09:05:57 AM
The Phantom in the finale had been missing for quite some time. They installed him back recently and they are still tweaking his programming, that's why he wasn't moving.

How long was he missing for?  :o

msRavenswood

Quote from: DisneyGagaChick on September 20, 2015, 09:33:54 PM
Quote from: msRavenswood on September 08, 2015, 09:05:57 AM

How long was he missing for?  :o

He was missing since April for sure.

On another note, the changing portraits got upgraded to a digital projection system! Yay!

seraphelle

Are the grinning ghosts back at the end in the mirrors? I really missed those last year  :'(
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: seraphelle on September 21, 2015, 10:40:02 AM
Are the grinning ghosts back at the end in the mirrors? I really missed those last year  :'(

They were last week!
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

seraphelle

Quote from: DLRPWonders on September 21, 2015, 10:49:13 AM
Quote from: seraphelle on September 21, 2015, 10:40:02 AM

They were last week!

Yay!  ;D ;D ;D
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017