Going solo

Started by aquacat2, June 11, 2014, 09:50:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aquacat2

Hi,
I need your advice, I'm debating going to DLP by myself early Feb next year, is it worth while?
Long story short my friends can either no longer afford/personal situations have meant they can't go but obviously I really want to go.
Also any top tips for doing a trip solo?
Many thanks

Newport Bay Club- 2006
Ranch Davy Crockett - 2007
Hotel Santa Fe - 2015

bad-pink-tink

oh my gosh yes, just do it. I have done 1 solo trip and 1 kinda solo trip to DLP and I'm doing a kinda solo trip to Disneyland California in 2 weeks time.

The main thing about solo trips is the freedom. You can do exactly what you want , when you want, and not have to think about pleasing anyone or making sure things are ok for another person.

For example on one of my trips in EMH, I spent nearly an hour on Peter Pan, just getting straight back on as there was no one else in the queue.

Just one bit of advice, I always have a book with me , for when I eat at restaurants on my own.

Also don't be worrying about what may think, everyone is too wrapped up in enjoying their time in DLP, that no one notices if you are on your own.
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

Andybear

I'm going solo myself in September for the second time, for the same reasons as yours.  I found it a bit strange the first day of my first visit but I then settled down and really enjoyed it.  There's so much to see and do there and going solo means you don't have to worry about what other people want to do.  If you want to have any photos taken of you with your camera other people are more than happy to take them :-) .  As regards meals, I always take a book and eat & read.  Where are you thinking of staying?  I'm staying in Sequoia Lodge.  I stayed there last time too - it's a lovely hotel.  It was so relaxing in the  evening, reading in the bar area whilst drinking a cocktail :-) 

So I'd say go for it - I'm sure you'll have a great time :-)

Andybear

bad-pink-tink - we've written virtually the same response, including reading a book at mealtimes! 

bad-pink-tink

Andybear High Five... us solo travelers rock  :)

Aquacat2 see , its not that hard, and you get to join our cool gang of solo travelers  :)
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

Andybear

Yes, we certainly do rock!!  And we are certainly a cool gang :)

aquacat2

Thanks peeps, I was thinking of staying in Cheyenne I haven't stayed there before and wanted to go before it gets refurb'd. Plus its cheap!
Newport Bay Club- 2006
Ranch Davy Crockett - 2007
Hotel Santa Fe - 2015

Zee79

I haven't stayed as a solo traveller but I did book up later than the rest of my family so stayed in the Santa fe by myself - met up with them for going in the park, and as a lone female I felt safe walking to and from the restaurants early in the morning and going to my room late on an evening and no one battered an eyelid when I sat alone having my breakfast- it actually was great getting a table straight away haha.