very early pre-trip report

Started by vampira, June 10, 2014, 04:59:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vampira

You might think I'm crazy, but I just can't wait for my next visit to Disneyland! So this is my very, very early pre trip report!  ;)

Who is going? Me, my husband and my brother. It will be my sixth visit. I went to Disneyland with my parents twice when I was still a kid, and I went three times with my husband. It will be his fourth visit and my brother will go for the third time. He can't remember a lot from his earlier visits, because he was about six years old last time he was there.

When are we going? I have to wait until October 20th. We will be there for two nights and three days.

Where are we staying? With my parents I've stayed at Davy Crockett ranch and Santa Fe. With my husband at Santa fe, Cheyenne and Hipark Serris. This time we will be staying at Explorers hotel. Has anybody stayed there before?

What am I looking forward to? I'm looking forward to three wonderful days full of magic and excitement!Most of all, I can't wait because:
- I really want to show my brother all those amazing things I love about Disneyland! Because he can remember hardly anything it will be like his first visit!
- Last year I visited Disneyland with my husband for our honeymoon and we had a wonderful dinner at Agrabah café. We will go there again to enjoy the great food! We will also try the buffet at Plaza Gardens for the first time. I'm sure we will like that too.
- I've visited Disneyland in the summer, spring and Christmas season, but never got to see the Halloween decorations. Me and husband love Halloween so I guess we will love it! I hope to see some Nightmare before Christmas themed merchandize. On my last visits I bought NBC shotglasses, an umbrella, slippers, earwarmers and a cookie yar.  :D
- The attractions I really want to ride (again) are the Tower of terror (my favorite!), big thunder mountain and space mountain (space mountain was closed on our last visit and we didn't get to do BTM because there was a thunderstorm..). Oh, and I'm hoping the sound will work on the Aerosmith rock&roller coaster this time. I'm also looking forward to Pirates of the Carribean, and It's a small world.
- Most of all, I just want to be there, experience the atmosphere and look at all the great buildings and beautiful scenery. For me, that makes Disneyland stand out from other parks. Once you walk in to the parks, you're not in this world and time anymore! You go back to another era, to another world or on a great adventure. It makes me feel like I'm away from my daily life completely! And yes, it's going to be hard to go back to it after three days, but hey... I can always plan a new trip!  ;)
"If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney"

daddyof2

Yes, very early but you're not crazy. I hope the weather isn't too bad - not sure what Paris is like but October here can be pretty wet

DisneyManiac

Ah, Halloween. I am actually going when you are, not the exact dates though. From what I remember from Halloween 2012, there was a heatwave, an Indian Summer. Was dry, no rain from what I remember, very lovely weather! And that was only 2 years ago!

vampira

Quote from: daddyof2 on June 10, 2014, 06:24:55 PM
Yes, very early but you're not crazy. I hope the weather isn't too bad - not sure what Paris is like but October here can be pretty wet

Haha, thanks for saying I'm not crazy (though secretly I might just be a little crazy..  ;) )
You never know what the weather is going to be.. Of course I'm hoping it won't rain too much, but nothing you can do about it anyway, so I'm not going to think about it too much. Usually the weather in Paris is almost the same as where I live (in the south of the Netherlands) and sometimes it's still nice and warm in October and sometimes it's cold! We'll see.  :)

Quote from: DisneyManiac on June 10, 2014, 07:48:15 PM
Ah, Halloween. I am actually going when you are, not the exact dates though. From what I remember from Halloween 2012, there was a heatwave, an Indian Summer. Was dry, no rain from what I remember, very lovely weather! And that was only 2 years ago!

Oh, when are you going? This is our first Halloween visit, and as you can tell I'm really looking forward to it!  :)

DisneyManiac

vampira

Nice! Wish I could go for a longer time too!  ;)

vampira

Oooh exactly three more months and it's Disney time again!  ;D

DisneyManiac

Got 2 months, 4 weeks and 1 day! Also it isn't very early at all, in fact it's very close!

vampira

;D It's getting closer every day! Just counted: only 91 sleeps untill I go to Disneyland! Less than 100!  ;D

DisneyManiac

vampira

Only 75 more days before we go to Disneyland!  ;D

vampira

Down to 51 days!  :D
And today we made dinner reservations at Plaza Gardens and the Agrabah café! I'm so excited. I believe everyone around me is getting a little annoyed with me, because I talk about Disneyland all the time.  ;D

msRavenswood

Quote from: vampira on August 30, 2014, 05:50:58 PMI believe everyone around me is getting a little annoyed with me, because I talk about Disneyland all the time.  ;D

Sounds familiar!   ;)

vampira

Thanks msRavenswood,  it's good to know I'm not the only one who does that.  ;)

vampira

Wow, I just realised that this isn't a very early pre-trip report anymore... Only 4 days left! Looks like the weather will be nice. I can't wait to see the Halloween decorations, to eat at Agrabah café again and at Plaza Gardens for the first time! I'm also excited to see the look on my brothers face when he arrives at this magical place for the first time in 12 years...  :D