What to do?

Started by Queen Elsa, June 09, 2014, 01:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queen Elsa

Hi guys

We are going to Disney in 13 weeks, 2 days!!! Eeeeek, very excited!!

We have just upgraded to the New York from Newport Bay to make sure we have a nice hotel with no disruptions so now we need to plan our trip!

We have the full board meal plan so what are the best restaurants in the park to eat in?

Our daughter is going to be 3 years 9 months and our son is going to be 13 months. What's the best things on site to do for us as a family. I'm guessing there isn't going to be an awful lot we can do with our son ?

Thanks in advance 😁

Mileto

Hi Queen Elsa!
There are plenty of restaurant you can choose from. It depends on what you prefer - table service, all-you-can-eat buffet. You can look at dinig section here http://www.dlrpmagic.com/planning/dining/ all the restautant all well described with pictures and you can choose you places.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

glenn

As you have meal vouchers go for the buffet restaurants,I found them to be a bit expensive paying cash,but that's because I,m not a big eater,but the food in the ones I tried was very good.
With your son there are quite a few rides he can go on.

polar vixen

As long as he can sit up, he can go on peter pan, it's a small world,..... the carousel (either with you gholding I think, or sitting in one of the carriages, alice's maze is good, there aren't many rides he can do int he studios but he'll probably enjoy animagique and playhouse Disney, not sure about the ratatouille ride......
Buffets are excellent, plaza gardens esp., in my opionion, try to avoid busy periods though - eat at more typical mealtimes, around 12, or 5 pm

Mileto

Plaza Gardens is my favorite, by the way. And we always book in advance.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP

daddyof2

It all depends if you want to get the best value for your vouchers, but if you're not too worried about that I can recommend Colonel Hathi's and Hakuna Matata. As Mileto said, look at the menus and you will be able to judge for yourself. Also we had a lovely lunch at Café Mickey (not sure if your vouchers cover this). Your son will be able to do a number of the rides in Fantasyland, plus may like the flashing lights in Buzz Lightyears laser blast.

Queen Elsa

Thanks guys, this is really helpful. My son can almost walk so I don't think we will have a problem with those rides suggested by Polar Vixen. It's nice to know that one of us won't always be sat on the sides with him and he can join in the fun too. Thanks for the tips on restaurants too 😊

daddyof2

An unsolicited tip - if possible take a decent pushchair (with a buggy board for your eldest if you have one) for the little one. We saw lots of children sleeping in strollers in all sorts of uncomfortable positions, and the ones you can hire there look rubbish.

Queen Elsa

Quote from: daddyof2 on June 10, 2014, 06:20:09 PM
An unsolicited tip - if possible take a decent pushchair (with a buggy board for your eldest if you have one) for the little one. We saw lots of children sleeping in strollers in all sorts of uncomfortable positions, and the ones you can hire there look rubbish.

Thank you! We have a good stroller that reclines fully and it's really comfy. We were undecided whether to take the buggy board for our daughter but as you think it's a good idea I will certainly take it with us. They unclip easy enough if we find she doesn't use it x

daddyof2

The parks are quite big, and the HNY is a 10 minute walk away so small legs get tired. Our daughter is about the same age as yours will be and she did plenty of "riding" on the pushchair. Also, it means you can get through the crowds without worrying about a dawdler

Mileto

And from a tip for "how to do it" - don't forget about the "Baby Switch" opportunity. It allows mom and daddy to take turns on adult rides, without having to wait in line a second time.  :D

never2old

If you take a decent pushchair, you may want to take a bike lock or something like that... There are more and more stories of people getting their pushchairs stolen  :(

It's not always possible to find a place to lock the pushchair, but in most places you will find some railing or something to tie the lock against.

Rapunzel1

Our son loved Dumbo, the flying carpets, Buzz lightyear, the carrousel, the island in Discoveryland, cups, cars, the steamboat, the cars on Main street, it;s a small world.

Not a succes was orbitron. To scary and most other rides inside like peter Pan.

He did love to eat at colonel Hathi and buffets are never a succes in my family but we have four children and we never get to eat anything because we always have to walk with our children to the buffet. We do not allow our children to get there own food because of spilling and running around in restaurants. But that is personal of course.

daddyof2

We had very little problem finding somewhere to lock the pushchair - though Fantasyland is possibly the best for this with the railings

Mrsya

We took our 4 year old and 9 month old in May and the buggy board saved us! Seriously, our son would have been grumpy without it. I was tempted to get on it myself quite a few times... My top tips in general are: use baby switch combined with fastpass where you can, buffet restaurants made meal times easier and quicker, we used pause gaumand at 7pm for milk and pjs for little one, cafe Hyperion is nice and peaceful for this.

Also, at the risk of sounding a bit 'Monica', pack outfits in carrier bags with socks and pants for children. We were so organised and never managed to get out earlier than 9:15!

Our little one loved its a small world! I imagine at 13 months your lo will be allowed on the slow carry on rides such as carousel, it's a small world, Peter Pan, casey junior, buzz etc. plus the railroad and maybe boat trips too. There are lots if walk around attractions like Aladdin, the dragon under the castle etc. they'll love it!