Transfers from CDG Airport

Started by led1982, June 06, 2014, 12:59:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

led1982

I'm all booked for arriving end of November, we land at CDG at 9pm which means I will miss the last bus transfer via VEA shuttle. Was wondering if anyone knows what times the TGV trains run until that take you direct to the Disney Village. Or if anyone was any suggestions that would be great, don't really want to a taxi unless all else fails. Thanks in advance x.

amanda08

Hi, not sure how many of your are traveling but you may find that you are cheaper arranging a private or shared transfer then paying for the TvG!

here is a great thread from the TA forum which gives all the info you need :)
http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g226865-i2224-k4367883-Disneyland_by_TGV_from_CDG-Marne_la_Vallee_Seine_et_Marne_Ile_de_France.html#32318713

captain rocket

At that time of night the only options are taxi or shuttle services.
I use a company called RS transport and always book a shared shuttle and this works out at about £30 for two of us each way. I have never had a problem with them and they will collect you when you arrive, even if your flight is delayed. I am sure other members will recommend companies that they have used and maybe those that the have had problems with!
Have a great visit.

led1982

Thanks both for your help, think I will try RS Transport on this occasion. Roll on November  :D

stormflm595

I went private last year with Holiday Taxis but would not recommend them. They were around 2 hours late picking us, rude etc. Try and avoid. =)
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

Livvipivvi

Hiya, We used RS Transport for our transfers last month.  They were the cheapest I found, but TBH I'm not sure if I would use them again.

They weren't awful, I'm sure theres worse out there but.....they were about 45 mins late collecting us from the airport, the driver did ring me about 10 mins after they were due to let me know he was on his way, which we appreciated, but it didn't help that the instructions on the booking told us to wait by door 8, which seems to be where a lot of taxi drivers hang about.  It was not a very pleasant area to wait.  There was nowhere to sit and it was stinking, with cigarette ends and stains all down the walls where it was clear that the drivers must urinate there, the smell was awful. I didn't like the thought of our cases rolling there, there was no way I was letting my DD's sit down or lean anywhere  :o . Standing there for over an hour with 2 children was not the best start to our holiday, especially when we watched at least 2 of the Disney busses come and go in the station across the way.  I understand that it's not RS Transports fault that it's like that by gate 8, but why instruct customers to wait there, there's so many other places and I know this because when the driver did show up he took us through the door, back into the building, and on a 5 min walk inside the airport to gate 7 where he had parked up and the waiting area there was much better with benches and no pee! Why don't they just instruct customers to wait by gate 7 in the first place.
Then when we got to the vehicle, which was an 8 seater (we paid for a shared transfer, but it was only us), it was a wreck, nothing like the picture that is shown on their bookings.  There was no carseat for our 6 year old as I'd requested when booking and the seatbelt where my 13 year old was sat would not click into the connector! She was not impressed nor was I.  My husband had to lean over his seat (he was sat directly in front of her) and force it and it did do up after a lot of fiddling, but it didn't click properly and I'm not convinced that it would be much good in an accident, which was a possibility by the way the driver drove. All the seat belts were really worn and frayed at best.

Our return transfer to the airport didn't start much better.  We were due to be collected from our hotel at 5.45pm and on the booking we were advised to be on the door waiting 10 mins before our pick up time as the driver could not wait about! So we did as instructed, and were in the hotel foyer, ready to go and looking out of the exit by 5.35pm.  At 5.40 I had a text message saying"Please wait. Driver will come around 6.10pm. Then you will be at airport before 6.45 don't worry".  I was not impressed, more sitting around waiting for them.  If they had let us know sooner we could have at least stayed in the park a little longer and seen the parade one last time before we left. Instead we were stood around in the hotel with our bags.  I replied to the text reminding them that we needed a carseat and when the driver finally showed up at about 6.30 I was grateful to see that we actually had a booster seat and were taken in an estate car, which was in a much better condition than the wreck that we were picked up in.  No apology though.

I booked them because I had read a lot of good things about them and it's up to you of course :) .  If you do use these though and they want you to wait for them by gate 8, my advise is to tell them no thank you, I'll see you by gate 7. 8 is not a nice place at all, especially at 9pm!

Has Disney blues after our first visit 25/05/14-29/05/14 (Hotel New York). Going back 19/12/14, flights and DLH booked! Yepppyyy!!!!