VEA Disney shuttle

Started by Lucyloo, June 05, 2014, 02:17:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucyloo

Hi Everyone,

Wondered if I could have some opinions on the shuttle from CDG airport to Disney hotels please.
Some old posts suggest the bus isn't reliable, not a good journey and slow and recommend private shuttles instead.  I'm just concerned though as we are not experienced travellers ( only flown twice!) and the whole 'getting there and back again' terrifies me.  We'll be going in March 2015 and want to have everything arranged before we go.  I really don't like the idea of grabbing a taxi at the airport as we don't speak French and will probably end up getting ripped off or taken to the wrong place!  Travelling with a 3yr old so want to make this as easy as possible.  Any suggestions please?

msRavenswood

On our previous visit last September we decided to give the VEA shuttle a try and we were very satisfied with the service. I don't know what others might have experienced, but we found it a good option and we'll be using it again on our next visit in September. It's definitely not as fast as TGV, but we didn't mind at all. We are easy travellers anyway!  ;)

Mileto

VEA is super! I've used it all three times when we visited. Good hours, good service, we always paid our tickets 2-3 days before on internet. It is an exciting atmosphere on the bus - full this happy children, Disney hats, shirts, smiling faces. The bus stops in front of your Disney hotel. We never had a delay. Travel time appr. 40-50 min. a I remember.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

bad-pink-tink

I've used VEA Shuttle for 2 DLP trips, and had no problems with it. The first tip I got my ticket at the ticket desk at the airport, the second time we pre booked with a travel agent.

The only thing which might be an issue with people is actually finding the VEA area in Charles De Gualle Airport. I have written detailed directions to find the VEA in another thread on this site. I will have a look and come back and post it here for you.
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

stormflm595

Never used VEA before but I will be for this trip as it is highly recommended and like you said, gives you reassurance that the journey back and forth will be nice and smooth.

Last year we used a private transfer (Holiday Taxis I believe it was called) and it was TERRIBLE. They were supposed to meet us in time for when our flight got into CDG and were over one hour late. We panicked thinking they had stolen our money and wasn't going to turn up. I also had no clue how to work French pay phones but luckily a really helpful worker at the airport rang them for us and sorted it out. She was told for us to meet them outside and that they would be 10 minutes. Half hour later, no show. We were really panicking now as we thought we'd either have to pay a taxi or pay again to use the VEA but it a HT taxi showed up. We were about to get in when we were told we wasn't even on the list and had to wait again. I know it wasn't the drivers fault as he had to stick to his list and a schedule but we couldn't help our frustration at having to wait so long in such a hot day, tired from travelling and just wanting to get to the hotel and check in so we could go and explore the Village. Finally our driver turned up and we finally got underway, though he didn't really talk to us, apart from a stiff hello and then telling us where to sit. We also got taken to the wrong hotel, but I think it was his satnav that led him in the wrong direction, but we finally made it, around 2 hours after we had wanted to arrive (taking into account the drive there too).

Coming back was a lot easier, though it was a pain as we had to call the day before to confirm which was difficult in a noisy hotel corridor and a language barrier but it got sorted and our driver turned up bright and early to make sure we got to the airport in time. No complaints about that and he at least seemed a bit more happy. We had to stop at another hotel to pick another family up, who were late. He gave them 2 minutes and drove off, probably making them miss their plane! So I was glad we got up extra early to be on the safe side!

After all of that chaos, using VEA just seems like the best option!!
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

bad-pink-tink

Found it  :)

right you haven't said which Terminal you are arriving at, so you need to get yourself to Terminal 2

Terminal 2 is very confusing but just keep going, following the signs for 2E. You will walk through the main terminal 2 concourse and then take a travalater to 2E.

Once you get to Terminal 2E, You need to then follow signs for 2F. This is where it gets confusing.
The VEA Bus stop is actually in a corridor connecting 2E AND 2F. It can be accessed from either 2E or 2F, which is why people get lost trying to find it.
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

gemma2806

I've always used this service and have never had a problem with it. It's always on time and reliable. The quickest trip on a VEA has taken just 25-30 mins to reach the hotels and the longest has taken me 45 mins. They are regular so if you do find you have a wait it's never very long.

As bad-pink-tink has said, finding it can be confusing! We fly with Air France and so arrive in Terminal 2E and as they have recently changed the position it is now simple from this terminal as you walk through the doors after collecting your luggage and it's straight in front of you and slightly to the left. It is well signposted now though as they have a new official section and desk specifically for the VEA.  :D

Mileto

stormflm595, sorry for your bad experience!
Last time we landed on another terminal and we used the new modern trains between terminals.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

captain rocket

I usually arrive about 19.00. so I use a private shuttle service in case of delays.
The company I use (RS Transport) have never caused me any problems and I always pay the driver so that I have the option to use another means of transport if necessary! They either meet you at the exit from baggage reclaim or tell you which door to meet them at (all doors at CDG are numbered!)
The price for two of us usually works out the cheapest way to get to the parks, especially if we opt for a shared transfer and out of 10 trips we have shared once!
The TGV is no longer an option for us as the minimum price now seems to be around £20 per person each way and you have the hassle of getting to the station and then to the hotel at the other end, for a ten minute journey the train is crazily overpriced!
I should add that I am usually staying off site and there are a very limited number of VEA that service the partner hotels.
Good luck in whichever method you choose and have a great trip.

Lucyloo

Thanks everyone.  As with everything there's always good & bad reviews, but these have convinced me to go with it.  Hopefully in March it won't be too busy anyway.  We'll be flying Air France so thanx for the terminal info, seems easy enough, even for us!