Parades and dreams with a buggy

Started by Antwire, June 02, 2014, 01:15:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antwire

Hello 2 questions here really

1) can you hire strollers like you can in Florida

2) I've heard that in Florida you can now do fast pass for the parades and fireworks, can you do that at DLP? If not is there a seperate buggy section or is it just a mass brawl to try and get a spec?

Sorry to keep asking so many questions

littlebitofpixiedust

Hi there :)
You can hire strollers but I've never done so myself, so cannot tell you cost or details of this sorry! But I've been many times and seen many children using them.

I'm quite sure that there's isn't a place for buggies for parades/dreams (unless it's something that's just started?) my last visit was end of march of this year and my advice to you would be to arrive at least 30 min or more before the parades and dreams. The only reserved places for these is for guests with disabilities.

A little tip so your little one can see from buggy (if you don't wish to get them out for dreams) there are some railings a little back from the castle where you will see a little "house" type thing wich is where dreams is made! We tend to get to this bit early and put my sons wheelchair here so nobody stands in front of him it's still a pretty good view! We don't use the areas for wheelchairs for dreams usually as they only allow me with him and watching dreams is better when we can watch with our family. They wouldn't want to miss his face!

Hope I've helped. Enjoy your trip!!!

gemma2806

You can hire strollers here for about €15 a day but be warned they are nothing like the strollers in Florida, to be honest I think they're awful! I always take a stroller from home for my son as they are much more comfortable and provide protection from the elements. My best comparison is a cross between a hospital porters chair and a luggage trolley at an airport!

I have also watched Dreams from in front of the Dreams booth and this is a good spot with a buggy but I've also seen it alongside Casey's corner standing in the middle of Main Street and this was good to. My other half took our son one night to see Dreams without me (I had a bad head  :'( ) and he stood in front of the fountain outside Plaza Gardens Restaurant. He arrived 5 mins before it started and said this was the best view he had ever watched it from!

Antwire

Mrsya

I second the hospital porter's chair description! Better off buying a cheapie from kiddicare that you could even ditch before the journey home if you needed to.

Not sure what you mean by fast pass for parade or dreams...?

PrincessEnya

I do know what you mean with fastpasses for Dreams or the parade. Basically you can get a fastpass in Florida for a reserved viewing section for some parades and shows. This way you don't have to arrive early an hour or more in advance for a good spot. We don't have these type of fastpasses in DLP though.
Goldie, look at this! Look at all the blood in his mustache! Good sir, that\'s a lot of blood!

Antwire

Thanks guys, well just have to get there early and sit on the kerbs, does anyone know if you can watch it from the train station like you can in Florida? Or is that not possible, I've never been to the park so I'm not sure if it's the same layout.

Rapunzel1

If you stand at the curb half an hour early at Disneyland and 15 minutes early at Disney Studios there is no problem seeing. We went with a buggy in March and had a perfect spot. Dreams is another story but we were behind a lot of people but still had a good few. We just placed our youngest on our shoulders and our other children just walked a bit more ahead to see more.

There is no reserved spot for strollers. There is a spot for wheelchairs but you cannot enter that spot with a buggy.

daddyof2

We've just returned and I echo the views that the pushchairs you can hire look awful, though I understand they need to be functional and durable. We went by Eurostar and took our full size pushchair, but don't know why people wouldn't take a lightweight stroller if their child needed it. Indeed, a lot of the children I saw in the hired pushchairs were big enough to walk to be honest. Parade viewing was fine, DS being sat in the pushchair meant he could get a decent view when parked up behind someone sat on the floor.